Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7592 Discussions

Will work External bluetooth devices। Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300, Dual Band discontinued!

smkhalid
Beginner

MY QUESTION:

is  External bluetooth device will work if the Intel Bluetooth not working or discontinued? 

-------

Today I have meat the support and they told me that "Ask Intel: the interactive technical support for Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300, Dual Band has been discontinued but you may want to try our Intel Community forums to get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.
• Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006507/wireless.html"

PROBLEM: 

in my latop, this option is unavailable , I have update the bluetooth driver, ON the services.msc, checked device manager etc, but the option in image is not in my laptop.. Bluetooth in setting now avaialableBluetooth in setting now avaialable

so, I am asking to the intel community, 

MY QUESTION:

is  External bluetooth device will work in this case? 

-------

sample

Bluetooth DevicesBluetooth Devices

Bluetooth DevicesBluetooth Devices

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, the Ultimate-N 6300 is indeed discontinued. Secondly, per the brief (attached, since Intel, as part of their years-long, let's-piss-off-the-customers campaign, doesn't make it available any longer), the Ultimate-N 6300 does not support Bluetooth, so I would expect to see the Not-Connected status presently.

As for add-on devices, yes, you most-certainly can use a USB Bluetooth dongle to add Bluetooth support. There are some very tiny ones available, such as: TP-Link USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (Amazon US$10), that work very well. Drivers for these dongles are built into Windows 10.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos