Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

ProSet Wireless Bluetooth Software

JWebe5
Beginner

The newest posted software 17.1.1406.01 doesn't install Bluetooth drivers for my AC7260 laptop card and removes Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter from device manager list running Windows 7 Home. I had to go back to 17.0.1405.02 drivers which gives no trouble at all.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

This issue is being actively investigated. Please expect fix in next release.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi John_4_President,

I would like to gather more information about your problem. Can you please try running all Microsoft updates and then install our latest driver?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JWebe5
Beginner

I tried different methods to fix this. The Microsoft Update Utility finds update 17.1.1406.01. After letting it install, the bluetooth adapter 4.0 disappears from the list of device manager.

If I manually try to install the software, I'll get the same results. I had to install the previous 17.0.1405.02 again for my device to work properly.

Another method I tried is to go into add and remove programs and after the uninstall of ProSet Wireless Bluetooth Software, Windows 7 will installs it's built in driver which is 6.1.7601.17889 dated back on 6/21/2006. The adapter now shows generic in device manager and bluetooth doesn't work at all. If I try to install your new driver, device manager refuses to let me change the generic one and reporting that the best one is already installed. It appears that the driver within 17.1.1406.01 isn't recognized.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Please stick with 1405 until the install issue with 1406 on Win7 is resolved.

0 Kudos
JWebe5
Beginner

It's beyond reasoning why the bluetooth software and driver 17.1.1406.01 is still on the website for downloading. It doesn't recognize my laptop AC-7260 card by any means and I'm trying to understand your logic. Is someone in denial about this situation? I've become frustrated and feel like I wasted my time reporting this issue.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Could you give me the link please? I was told that the link was disabled or updated to reflect that 7260 is not supported in this particular release.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

If you've found a driver that works, leave it alone and don't try to update it.

0 Kudos
JWebe5
Beginner

They never updated the link to show that it doesn't support my hardware. The strange thing is someone took it off the website a little over a week ago then turned around and reinstated the same one again.

0 Kudos
JWebe5
Beginner
0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

I see it. Should have been taken down. Please be assured that the correct binary shall be available very soon.

0 Kudos
JWebe5
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. Here's the link you asked for. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3714 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos