Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problem with the AC-7260 constantly disconnecting AC speed not availble

IBoji
Novice

Hi i'm having problem with this card and honnesly it already worked with older microsoft drivers and now it doesn't anymore.

I tried to roll back but can't make it work anymore.

Channel width 5.2ghz auto just won't stay connected more than few seconds.

At 20 mhz it'S more stable but i bought the card for ac speeds...

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I have a Intel AC 7260 dual band wifi card in my Zotac ID90.

"Wifi Proset" Windows 10 64b.

New Driver Version - 18.33.11.2

here is the ssu file

My router is a netgear x10 r8900 and also had netgear r7000. Same result, the problem is in intel drivers because it already worked.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
55 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Damnre,

We understand you're experiencing connection and performance issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 on Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update.

Please bear in mind that the drivers provided though our support page are generic versions. This means they should work, but they don't account for any customizations implemented by your computer manufacturer (OEM). In most cases, the system specific driver provided by your OEM is the most fitting for your wireless adapter. They should also be your primary resource for support.

In order to investigate further, please generate a WLAN report for us:

1. Right click your start menu icon and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\

4. Upload the wlan-report-latest.html file along with your reply.

Note: To enable attachments, please make sure to use the advanced editor while replying.

Also, please try a network reset and let us know the outcome:

1. Open the start menu and access your Windows* Settings (gear icon).

2. Open the Network & Internet menu.

3. On the main area, look for and select the "Network Reset" option.

4. Make sure to close any open programs and save your work, then select "Reset now" and wait for your PC to restart.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
IBoji
Novice

Thank ou for your reply really appreciated, i tried everything and you guys are my last resort.wlan report

Here is the report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Damnre,

Was this the adapter that came preinstalled with your computer, or an upgrade part? Some of the errors that we're seeing are more almost expected for custom wireless upgrades.

While both of your reports show a healthy connection speed, your WLAN Report does allow us to see how frequent your disconnects are. Based on these logs, most of the disconnects occur when your adapter detects that your network has lost connectivity and then it attempts to resolve by resetting the driver.

You can troubleshoot this by making sure that you're using the latest firmware on your router. You can also try manually selecting your wireless channel:

How to boost your WiFi speed by choosing the right channel: https://www.extremetech.com/computing/179344-how-to-boost-your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-channel https://www.extremetech.com/computing/179344-how-to-boost-your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-channel- by extremetech.com

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

We also see that your adapter isn't always connected to the same network. Your SSU report shows you connected to the 5 GHz band with a connection rate of 866.7 Mbps, but your WLAN report shows you connected to an 802.11n network, using the 2.4 GHz channel and only 130 Mbps connection rate (which means your download speeds will top out at around 65 Mbps).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JCard18
Beginner

I am experiencing the same issue with this network card, I have attached a ZIP file with the report.

0 Kudos
IBoji
Novice

my Channel width 5ghz only works withoutdisconnecting at 20mhz the speed is not near as fast as the normal ac speed i was getting arount 50MB / sec with the band at 20mhz i'm getting 15 MB / sec.

before i had a centrino wifi module replaced with AC-7260

0 Kudos
IBoji
Novice

I changed my card and put an ac-3160 the drivers didn't change just a change and no dropouts anymore ...this tell's me is either the card that is finished or the drivers for the ac7260 are bad!

I will give intel credit may be my card that is faulty somehow!

Thanks for the help! probably out of warranty on it bought in 2016!

0 Kudos
LTayl6
Beginner

If the card is faulty, then there are an awful lot of people with faulty cards...based on how many postings I see all over the Internet about this same problem.

0 Kudos
IBoji
Novice

I just don't have the energy anymore for a crappy card. If this was apple we would all probably get a free upgrade!

There's something wrong with the card! Is it the drivers or the card by itself well i don't know because in my case it's random and only happening with the AC-7260.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Damnre,

There are a lot of factors that can affect your wireless network connection, without more troubleshooting it's hard to pinpoint the issue exactly.

All the same, we're glad to hear you were able to get around the issue. If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
IBoji
Novice

Hi,

I replaced my AC 7260 card with slower AC 3160 Ac card.

I didn't fix my problem with the AC 7260..it's not normal that the card only partially works with band width of 20mhz and that we must try to find what config is needed.

I'm using the same INTEL drivers for the AC 3160 just replaced the card and everything works. Why do i need a special config to find out what is going wrong with AC 7260 and it constantly disconnects.

Best regards,

Ivan

idata
Employee

Hello Damnre,

Since you tested with a 3160 which uses the exact same driver as the 7260, and the disconnects stopped, it's probable that your adapter is defective. In which case, our main recommendation will be to contact your computer manufacturer to get a replacement adapter, they may even be able to suggest an upgrade model.

- After removing the 7260 from your system, did you try connecting it again?

- In your SSU, Bluetooth® was enabled. Are you using the latest Bluetooth® driver?

- Please try a driver only installation instead:

1. Download and extract the latest IT Admin PROSet/Wireless Software: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27312 WiFi_20.10.2_Driver64_Win10.zip

2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from Apps & Features

3. Reboot your computer

4. Open Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and select "Update driver software..."

5. Locate and install driver software manually > point the wizard to the location where you extracted the download back in step one.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
BBLAI
Beginner

I am having the same problem, but it states problem with DNS. It also auto-configures IPV4 to 169.254.93.159. I have uninstalled the drivers and replaced with the Intel ProSet drivers from Intel(18.33.11.2) from WiFi_20.10.2_PROSet64_Win10_AC7260. This did not resolve anything. Could someone please help me out with this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello blairboy12,

DNS problems are a slightly different issue. These could be cause by anything from a system corruption, viruses/malicious software, even router issues.

Please try the following:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
  2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
    1. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    2. Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    3. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    4. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    5. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

If that doesn't help, please try a Network Reset:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
  2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

If possible, you may also try resetting your wireless router/access point, or test to see if the issue occurs in a different network. You may also want to have your system checked out by a technician to discard virus issues (using "virus" as a blanket term), or try a Windows Reset.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Windows® 10 Recovery Options

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
LTayl6
Beginner

I doubt that it is a DNS problem.

0 Kudos
LTayl6
Beginner

I am having the same problem. This is a widespread problem and numerous people are having this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello WiiWii,

Could you please provide a brief description of your issue? Does it match the description of the issue in Damnre's original post?

The issue experienced by blairboy12 is likely unrelated.

If possible please share an https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility SSU and WLAN Report from your system.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
BBLAI
Beginner

Yes, I totally agree with you that this is a widespread problem, that Intel does not care to fix. It seems to be an issue with a conflict on the IPv6 connection. I simple went to my wireless connection and unchecked IPv6 protocol, and all seems to work fine now. I have not experienced the problem since I have disabled IPv6. I followed all of the advised things from Intel, all of which did nothing to resolve the issue. Hope this helps some people out.

0 Kudos
BBLAI
Beginner

This problem just is the most consistent problem I have ever dealt with. The card fails continuously. I only get resolution when I run repair with NetGear Genie. All my other devices work on the network, except for the one with the AC7260 card in it. The problem gets even greater when Bluetooth is enabled. I have tried the :

DNS problems are a slightly different issue. These could be cause by anything from a system corruption, viruses/malicious software, even router issues.

Please try the following:
  1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
  2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
  • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

And this did not help. Android device, Apple device, different windows computer that does not have the AC7260 card in it, and THEY ALL WORK GREAT.

PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS HORRIBLY FRUSTRATING!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello blairboy12,

We would like the following information:

1. Intel® System Support Utility report

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan for "everything."

3. Save and name the report.

2. Wireless Autoconfig report

1. Right click your start menu icon and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\

4. Upload the wlan-report-latest.html file along with your reply.

3. Wireless router brand and model.

Best regards

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
BBLAI
Beginner

I have attached the following files as per your request.

Thank you,

Brent B.

0 Kudos