Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problems Connection to Wireless Network with ProSet 2200BG

MGibs1
Beginner

I currently have a Dell Latitude D610 laptop computer, with the Windows XP operating system.

I use the Intel ProSet Wireless 2200BG.

The wi-fi service I'm currently using, ClearSPOT wireless hot spot, I am trying to get rid of being its just plain lousy, so I signed up with a new cell phone company that offers wi-fi hotspot through the Samsung Galaxy S 3.

The problem is, the ProSet recognizes and acknowledges the presence of the new Hot Spot, but will not connect to it. I have tried turning off the Clear Spot adaptor, unplugging it, removing it from the room, everything, but the adapter still will not connect to the new hot spot. My Nook can log into it without a problem, but the lap top will not.

How do I fix this? I have tried just about everything.nec

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Please note that the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection has been discontinued since 2008 and there have been many changes and improvements in wireless technologies along the years. Such newer technologies have not been included in your wireless adapter and therefore it is possible that the adapter will not be able to connect to newer access points.

In this case the only recommendation we can provide is to use a USB wireless adapter with your system.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/sb/CS-028972.htm Intel� PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection; Product discontinuation statement

0 Kudos