Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Problems with connection Bluetooth

Patsj
Beginner

I formatted my laptop (Asus UX510UX) with the latest Windows 10 Home version 20H2 64bit.

But now i can't connect my JBL Flip 5 or my Bose QuietComfort 2 any more to the bluetooth.

The Bluetooth Adapter is a Personal Area Network 6.4.0.710.

I'v try to install the drivers Bluetooth (R) Versions 20.100.7.1 and 22.0.0.2

Sometimes I can connect after reïnstalling the drivers, you see them as device under sound, that they are paired, but you can't make an connection with them.

Is there an other driver available that can work or what else can I do the fix the Bluetooth connection?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Patsj,

Since your issue is related to Bluetooth drivers, we are redirecting your query to the correct forum.

Forum Link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Patsj

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Based on the Intel® System Support Utility report (Intel® SSU) the "Driver Provider" and the "Manufacturer" for the "Bluetooth Personal Area Network" are detected as "Broadcom*". We do see that the Wireless card is detected as an Intel® adapter (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265). Some computer manufactures (OEM) may decide to provide the Bluetooth functionality through a different/separate chip than the one in the wireless card. Could you please confirm if the Bluetooth in your computer is via an Intel® adapter or another adapter? Have you checked about this with ASUS* support?

2- Did the Bluetooth work fine before reinstalling Windows®? Did the behavior start exactly after formatting the computer and installing Windows?

After reinstalling Windows, did you make sure that initial drivers like the Chipset software were installed correctly?

(Chipset software includes INF files that give the operating system (OS) information about a piece of hardware on the system. This information allows the OS to display the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager. If you have inquiries/concerns about this, we recommend checking with ASUS* support as the Chipset software is customized and provided by the computer manufacturer).

3- If the answer to the previous questions is yes, Where are you downloading the Bluetooth driver from? From Intel® website, ASUS* website, or are you using Windows® Updates?

4- Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install/integrate it on the laptop?

5- Please provide screenshots from Windows® Device Manager showing the Bluetooth entries under: (1) Bluetooth and (2) Network Adapters. If you see any error code or "yellow exclamation mark" please provide details.

6- Have you tested if those Bluetooth devices (speaker/headphones) work fine with other computers?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Patsj
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel ,

Thanks for your reply.

Here are my answers:

1. Yes, the Bluetooth is in my computer is via an Intel® adapter 

Bluetooth Personal Area Network version 6.4.0.710

2. The bluetooth worked fine before reinstalling Windows®? It was also the 20H2 version, but updated from a former version of Windows and not from a clean installation

3. In the previous install of Windows, the drivers were updated due the Intel site

4. Yes, never been modified

5. See attachments

first picture is how the bluetooth is installed after the Windows installation. In this situation you can't connect any bluetooth devices because you get the notification that you have to turn on the bluetooth.

Second picture is the bluetooth after installing the latest Intel drivers from the Intel download center.

According to the properties both drivers, the device works properly...

6. Yes, I've tried them on an other laptop, also with the 20H2 windows version, but also from an updated version and then they work like they supposed to do

0 Kudos
Patsj
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel ,

forgot to mention the Chipset software, it's the same version as on the latest version available on the Asus support site: 

Version V11.0.6.1194
2016/07/27 

Best regards,
Johan
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Patsj

Thank you for your response.

Since it is very common that there is a close relationship between the Wireless and Bluetooth components and their drivers, in order to discard issues due to the update to Windows® 10 20H2 and driver installation, we would like to recommend first performing a clean install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers using the customized drivers from ASUS*:

Please follow these steps:

1- Download and save to your computer the ASUS* drivers

• Intel Wireless Lan Driver and Application Version V18.40.3.3
  • Intel BlueTooth driver Version V18.1.1546.2762

To avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet.

2- Follow the next steps on this link for a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers. Install the Bluetooth driver first, and then the Wireless driver.

If the issue persists, you can repeat the process using the latest generic drivers from Intel:

1. Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Driver Version: 22.30.0
  2. Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Version: 22.30.0

Please report back the outcome and if the issue is solved or persists.

Also, we have seen reports of issues/unexpected behaviors when performing major Windows® Updates. Have you checked with Microsoft* Support if they are aware of any particular issue with that update or if there might be a pending update/patch available for your operating system/computer? If not yet, we recommend also addressing this behavior with them.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Patsj
Beginner

First I started with disabling of
System – System info – Hardware – Device Installation Settings. In the dialog box “Do you want to automatically download manufacturers’ apps and custom icons available for you devices? Marked No

Then I removed the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers.
I enabled the airplane mode, so there would be no internet connection.
After restarting windows, the Bluetooth card has no driver but the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 has a Microsoft driver installed version 19.51.15.3
I removed this driver and then installed first the new drivers as suggest:
• Intel Wireless Lan Driver and Application Version V18.40.3.3
• Intel BlueTooth driver Version V18.1.1546.2762
Unfortunately this hasn’t solved the problem.

Second step I did the same as above with the folowing drivers
• Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Driver Version: 22.30.0
• Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Version: 22.30.0
Also these drivers didn’t solve the problem.

Is there on other way to perform an clean installation for the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 driver?

On the Microsoft Support page I can't find an topic regarding this particularity problem.

Best Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Patsj

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry to know that the issue persists after trying the Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers using both Asus and Intel® generic drivers. Please allow us to check this further as well as your inquiry about another method for driver installation. As soon as we have more details available, we will be posting back in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Patsj

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further and considering all the troubleshooting performed (including the recommended Wireless/Bluetooth driver clean install process that we have), at this point, we believe the best thing to do is to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM) ASUS* and request assistance with an operating system (OS) restore to factory defaults to determine if the issue is OS related or hardware related.

Here is the contact link to ASUS* Support for your convenience.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos