Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

RF Certification for AX200NGW on ARM Linux 5.4.24

svink
Beginner

Hi, We are preparing for RF certification testing of our product consisting of AX200 on an ARM Linux (5.4.24) based IoT Gateway. Currently I am looking for information on fixing the BLE Tx channel (low/med/high) and also setting up BLE Tx power at maximum using hcitool preferably or any other way. Could you kindly help us please?

Thank you & Regards,

Svink

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svink,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. Why do you need this certification? Can you provide more details?

3. Can you provide more details about the issue that you are having?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
svink
Beginner

Hi Deivid A,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

Ans: we are building an embedded IoT Gateway product. We use AX200 based M.2 card inside it for WiFI/BT/BLE.

2. Why do you need this certification? Can you provide more details?

Ans: We have to certify our product to be in compliance & as per the mandatory requirement.

3. Can you provide more details about the issue that you are having?

Ans:

1. I use hcitool in Linux to set BLE Tx power to Maximum. As it is manufacturer specific, I am looking for the exact command to set BLE Tx power to max.

2. For Transmission on specific channel, I use below command. however I don't see it getting transmitted. I use a scanner searching for bd_address (mac address) of the Ax200.

reset module
       hcitool -i hci0 cmd 0x03 0x003

transmit at 2402MHz

hcitool -i hci0 cmd 0x08 0x1e 0x00 0x25 0x00

now I scan for the device from another BLE scanner.

Thank you & Regards,

Svink

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svink, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svink, 

Based on the investigation performed, I recommend asking for these certifications from Dekra since they are the only way to get them. I will send you the contact information to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. 

However, the ARM-based platform is not in Intel wireless support scope. In this case, you will need to work with your Intel Sales representative directly to review this request.

Also, you may need to check the Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC), you can find details in the following link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073.html

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
svink
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Thank you for your reply & details shared. Appreciate your quick response.

Not sure whether I confused you or not! Accept my sincere apologies if so.... I am not looking for any ARM related support and also not any certification. I am mainly looking for couple of commands on Linux (hcitool) to change the transmission power of BLE of AX200 & also to fix the frequency while transmission for certification testing purpose. Do you still think Dekra or RDC can help me in this regard?

Thank you & Best Regards,

Svink

0 Kudos