Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

Random AX200/AX211 Disconnects

stargazer_alpha

The AX200/AX211 wifi cards are having severe issues where Windows would say that it's still connected onto the network, but there is no network connectivity. I tested many different machines on Windows and on Linux and discovered that there was something wrong with the driver. All of these systems are up to date and have the latest drivers.

HP Laptop that came with the AX200
- Experienced issue on Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Experienced issue on Linux, tried openSUSE and Ubuntu

Sandy Bridge Desktop with another AX200 on an adapter card
- Experienced issue on Windows 10
- Experienced issue on Linux, tried openSUSE

Raptor Lake Desktop that came with an AX211
- Experienced issue on Windows 10 and Windows 11, the issue would go away if I install all the manufacturer's miscellaneous motherboard drivers
- Experienced issue on Linux, tried openSUSE

I went through the logs for the laptop with the AX200 on Ubuntu and I finally found the error and have attached the docs.
I am getting the same results with the Eero 6 (WiFi 6) and with the Comcast modem/router (WiFi 5).

6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello stargazer_alpha,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200/ AX211, I will be glad to help you.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Is this issue happening on different networks?
  • Were the wireless adapters working fine without any disconnections at some point before? If so, do you remember if there was any hardware change or driver/OS update that may have triggered the issue?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
stargazer_alpha

Yes, it's been happening on different networks. We recently got a new Comcast modem with 802.11ax and I have been experiencing the same problem. For a long time, it was actually working fine on most of Linux kernel 5 series. It was around the time when version 6 was released when the problem started.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your detailed response.

I would like to investigate further about this, in order to do so, please also provide the Intel® SSU report in Ubuntu by downloading it from here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

Attach the file in your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
stargazer_alpha

Here is the SSU report. I also have a version with NordVPN installed.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I will work on this and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello stargazer_alpha,

Many thanks for your patience on this matter.

I have emailed you to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Please reply directly to that email in order to continue with the assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos