Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

SO i keep trying to stream to twitch and upload videos to youtube but my wifi keeps disconnecting and ive updated all the drivers and deleted my pc and re tried but it doesnt work. my pc is a quite bad lol (was cheap) its my first gaming pc

dtayl23
Beginner

plus im not good at it so i dont know how to fix this. i contacted the intel team and they responded to me by telling me they cannot help me so i should check forums and see if anyone else can help me?

i have a

intel(t) 82579LM gigabit network connection

and a

802.11n usb wireless LAN Card

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello dtayl23,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, I need to clarify first which of the 2 Network cards is having issues? Is it the wireless card since you mentioned that you are having issues with your WiFi?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
Its the 82579LM gigabit network connection ? ill send you a video of when the wifi disconnects Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello dtayl23,

Okay, I will wait for the video.

By the way, how were you able to connect the 82579LM gigabit network connection to your WiFi?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
I cannot send you the video as the file is to big unfortunately but basically it show my wifi connection strong and working and me going on youtube and trying to upload a video and the wifi connection stops and when I cancel the upload the wifi connection works perfectly fine! I am using a 802.11b/g/n Lan Card wifi network adaptor for the connection- Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello dtayl23,

So that means the issue is with 802.11b/g/n Lan Card wifi network adaptor?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello dtayl23,

If you are connected via LAN cable, you are using 82579LM gigabit network connection. But if you are connecting your system to WiFi, then you are using the 802.11b/g/n LAN Card WiFi network adapter. Can you check your system tray?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
Im using lan card wifi network adapter Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello dtayl23,

Okay, since the issue is with the wireless LAN card. Let me route this thread to our wireless team for them to further assist you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello dtayl23

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are having connectivity issues using a USB Wireless LAN Card. We also checked the internal support case you had before with Intel® Customer Support and based on the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* (Intel SSU) report attached in the internal case we noticed that the device is reported as "802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card".

It is worth mentioning that Intel® does not manufacture USB Wireless adapters for the end-user market. The only wireless adapters manufactured by Intel® for end-user integration are Intel® Wi-Fi 6 Gig+ Desktop Kit, Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit and Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop, and system interface and form factor for those devices are only PCIe standard or PCIe M.2 (no USB versions are available).

However, we would like to confirm the exact model of the wireless device in other to provide you with the next step.

In this case, could you please provide details like brand/model and also, please provide some clear pictures of the USB Wireless card focusing on any label or information on it in other to properly identify it.

Additionally, please provide a screenshot from Wireless Devices in Device Manager: Right-click on Windows® icon, click on Device Manager, expand Network adapters sections.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
dtayl23
Beginner
[cid:image003.png@01D611E1.18614530] [New Realtek USB Wireless 802.11B/G/N Lan Card Wifi Network Adapter ...] The brand is Realtek as im aware of but thanks for your time Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello dtayl23

Thank you for your response.

In this case, since the issue is regarding a USB Wireless adapter from a third-party manufacturer, we kindly recommend addressing this inquiry to the original manufacturer of the device, Realtek, so you can be provided with the proper assistance.

In this Realtek Product Search link*, you might be able to found your specific device model and information, as well as additional links at the bottom of the website, for instance, links to contact Realtek Technical Support*.

Additionally, you may check the box where the device came in regarding Support contact information.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos