Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Screen Flickering when Downloading Something

validate
Novice

I don't think there's an issue with graphics, so wanna post there:

When downloading something on the Internet (this may watching a YouTube video etc.), the screen flickers something like there have been white pixels over the screen randomly.

There's the video: https://www.reddit.com/r/MatebookXPro/comments/j3z6g9/white_flickering_dots_on_windows_10_didnt_happen/

I solved the issue by changing "Transmit Power" from "Highest" to "Medium-High", but I don't understand why the issue happened. Will this setting changes my quality of connection to the Internet? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

validate, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, actually, this scenario seems to be related more to Graphics than to Wireless.

In any case, for us to be able to provide the most accurate technical assistance on this matter, please provide the SSU of your system so we can check further details about the components working on it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

validate
Novice

@Alberto_Sykes Thanks for getting back to me. Here's the result.

One note: This behavior also happened when using the manufacturer's drivers. Updating the latest generic ones didn't solve though. And there wasn't any problem with Ubuntu 20.04, 20.10, and Fedora 33.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

validate, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

You mentioned that the problem remains when installing the driver from Huawei, I looked on their web site and the latest Graphics driver available in there is version 25.20.100.6793, is that the driver you already test? If not please install it and when you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://consumer.huawei.com/us/support/pc/matebook-13/

Also, I noticed that there are Graphics drivers available for Nvidia, do you know by any chance if your computer is working with a dual graphics configuration?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
validate
Novice

Yes, I tried again 25.20.100.6793 and downgraded the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers to the manufacturer ones, but it still happens. Furthermore, Windows Update installed 27.20.100.7990 for graphics automatically and it is still happening and there isn't any NVIDIA component on my PC, for the specific Matebook 13 model, WRT-W9.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

validate, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Just to confirm, you mentioned, "I solved the issue by changing "Transmit Power" from "Highest" to "Medium-High", where are you changing those settings?

If you download and store a video locally on your computer, is the problem the same when you try to watch it?

Which browser are you using to download the videos?

If you try to download a big/large file, do you notice problems with the Wireless connectivity running slow or disconnecting?  

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
validate
Novice

I changed the setting from Device Manager -> Network adapters -> Intel Wireless AC-9560 -> Properties (with right clicking) -> Advanced tab

And it is happening any of the network activities, independent from a browser or something. I can watch any of the local videos without any issue. I don't feel any wrong thing about my connection (downloading big files, watching videos, or something), there are just flickering dots when the related setting is highest. It is not connected to the usage of GPU. And the problem is continuing to happen even if I change the location of the PC (in the home or out). I encountered the same results in cafés which have Wi-Fi @Alberto_Sykes 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

validate, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Yes, in this case, the interference that you are seeing could be related to a design setting or parameter of the laptop, it does not seem to be related to the Intel® Wireless/Graphics drivers nor the hardware or the computer based on the fact that it works fine and there is no problem when using Ubuntu and Fedora. The issue is specifically related between Windows* and the hardware of the computer that it is causing a conflict with the video.

So, what we recommend to do next, will be to get in contact directly with Huawei to report this scenario, to check if they can try to replicate the issue using the same platform that you have and to confirm if they might have a fix for this problem and if necessary for them to do a physical inspection of the laptop.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos