Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Slow AC-8265 connection on Cisco WPA581

Tilhasbb
Beginner

We have are upgrading to Cisco WPA581 and it seems as if the Intel Wireless AC 8265 is running much slower on those routers.

I've tried with 4 different WPA581, even placing the laptop right on top of the router with the exact same speed issue. This issue does not happen with Linksys, Trendnet, Asus or other routers.

The download speed can't go over 400Mbps and upload 200Mbps but when I connect any other router to the same network (Yes I've taken my home router and plugged it in for a test). I consistently get 450+ on the download and upload.

Any ideas? I've tried upgrading the drivers on Intel's site and I'm on 20.70.17.1. Running on a ZBook Studio G4 with Windows 10 Pro. 

Thank you. Let me know if it's a setting or something I can try doing.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Tilhasbb, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

At some point, did the laptop work fine with the Cisco WPA581 Router, or it never worked fine with it?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides changing the Router?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
Tilhasbb
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for your help. Answers below.

>Is this a new computer?
No it is an HP Zbook G4

>At some point, did the laptop work fine with the Cisco WPA581 Router, or it never worked fine with it?
The WPA581 is a new router. For some reason the Intel AC-8265 doesn't seem to get good speeds on it. I have another laptop with the Intel AX200 chip and it is sufferent the same issue with the Cisco WPA581. The other non-intel devices seem to work faster on the Cisco... Is there a specific configuration that needs to be done on the driver side?

> Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides changing the Router? 
No

>The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?
The wireless card on this laptop AC-8265 is the one that came from the manufacturer. The other laptop with AX200 is an upgraded unit.

>Does the problem happen at home or work environment?
Home, rural area so there is almost no other signal around. Clean.

Any questions, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Tilhasbb, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in HPs, web site and the latest Wireless driver version is 21.80.2.1 Rev.P, please try a clean installation of that driver and let us know the results:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-studio-g4-mobile-workstation/14840026/swItemId/ob-252514-2

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

If the problem remains, then try to install Intel® Wireless driver version 21.110.1: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29787/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?product=94150

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Tilhasbb, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Tilhasbb, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos