Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Slow Wireless Speeds?

jakethemich
Beginner

I'm currently having issues with trying to get my WiFi speeds up. I have about 90 - 100 mb/s download and 150-200 mb/s upload on gigabit internet. It's not terrible, but my phone from the same area in the house gets about 300 download 400 upload. Connecting to ethernet doesn't change the speed. I have an nzxt z490 motherboard on my computer with intel wifi 6 ax200. My router is an Eero pro 6 and I have google fiber. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello jakethemich

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To help you with your request, please share with us the following: 

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version and build are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  • What driver do you have? Did you try other drivers? Please list their versions
  • What BIOS version are you running? 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
jakethemich
Beginner

The only bluetooth issue I encounter is that bluetooth audio devices will connect but play no audio when in use. I have wireless headphones with a dongle that works.

Its been happening for quite a while now, I just have started to try to fix it as i use my computer more.

I don't believe it started after an update.

It is in a home environment.

It is a relatively new computer, built within about 6 months ago. I just redownloaded the drivers from NZXT for the mobo and downloaded the intel drivers as well with no change that I can tell. I also redownloaded the bluetooth drivers.

I am using windows 10.

It is the adapter that came pre installed with the motherboard, I have never used any other adapter.

I do not have another wireless network to check on, but I dont think the network is the issue, my other devices can get good speeds. But it could definitely be some network settings I need to change.

I don't recall my network speeds ever being amazing, but I had never tested when I first had my computer.

I recently installed some asus aura software to sync my rgb on my system, and it came with some other asus software as well, which is the only thing I can imagine would interfere.

I have tried to rollback my driver versions, It didnt seem to increase the speeds at all.

I have rebooted my access point, router, and modem with no change. 

The driver listed for the adapter is the Intel driver version 22.90.0.5 in device manager, in my system information it lists it as the file RT640X64.SYS (10.38.1118.2019)

My bios is listed as American Megatrends Inc. P1.80

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information, make sure you're using:

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
jakethemich
Beginner

All of my settings are set to those and it still seems to have not changed the speeds. Anything else it might be?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

The internet speed relies mainly on the ISP and our best recommendation is to test the PC in a different network or access point to confirm, you can contact them to try different settings on the router and verify if they have further recommendations.

You can also contact the system manufacturer to verify the PC capabilities, antennas and discard any hardware-related issue.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos