Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Slow speed intel dualband AC-7260 (HMW)

JPott1
Beginner

hi

i have a strange problem with my intel wifi card in Acer V3-772g win 8.1 64bit.

before that i had a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222. but becz of WiDi upgraded to this intel. my friend has same laptop, same card, working ok!

after fresh installation of intel driver and software i had the usual speed (60Mb as my provider) and afters several minutes it started to get slower, and now after several restarts, suggestions in forums, installations just slow.

what i did as solution:

- try other driver versions (currently the last version 18.33.11.2)

- turn on/off/disable bluetooth

- switch cables

- of course i removed BT and wifi from last card clearly!

- contact my provider, and checked the connection to my modem. everything ok, as expected.

- tried some settings in modem like changing channels...

- change some settings in wireless adapter

any idea? any similar case?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JPott1
Beginner

so i guys, after some experiments and calls, im back.

it seems to be a silly problem. It (was) a silly "problem".

i found a way (correct way) and tested it several days to be sure. So, what was the problem? :

+++ Dont f***ing use WifiInfoView while u r checking ping or speed test. This program jams your bandwidth! +++

i tested it on 3 different wifi adapters/laptops. same results! this software impairs the bandwidth.

why i used this software? so, i decided to change to an intel wifi card to get whole potential of my system, specially WiDi. so i removed my default (Atheros) wifi card and installed new intel 7260. then i was so interested to know, which band my device uses and signal quality and some other details about my wifi/modem/quality blabla... WifiInfoView shows it.

By the Way Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 supports intel WiDi, but the video (buffering) quality is not so good and as an intel wifi card. However good and strong adapter(card) with dual band and even BT;). but you cant install intel WiDi software ("your device doesnt support intel WiDi blabla...") though this atheros card can cast screen using intel WiDi though not listed as "System Requirements for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)".

another thing which must be noticed: im just using wifi service. i've not used/tested the bluetooth service of intel 7260 yet. intel BT driver not installed (just default microsoft driver from 2006) and i've disabled BT in device manager. Why?

1) i dont trust intel BT service (especially 7260) and im not interested to experminet how BT affects my wifi performance (im busy and within exams time...). as you know intel 7260 has some BT issues in some laptops! like interrupting wifi performance OR even unstable or not recognized BT (just search "intel 7260 BT pin 51" hahahahaha. you will find many funny problems/solutions).

2) i actually dont use BT. im ok without it!

Conclusion/ Summery:

- the software "WifiInfoView" jams wifi performance for (probably) all wifi card brands. (link below)

- Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 supports WiDi (i think unofficially) but has light quality disadvantages.

- Acer Aspire V3-772G supports intel dualband AC-7260 (HMW)

- i have not tested the Bluetooth of intel 7260 yet. i cant report any thing about recognition/stability/performance ....

thx a lot to intel support team and community. i hope i could help some future users by searching this issue in google.

by the way, i hope my wifi performance stay as like as it should be like now. wifi card is just newly added to my laptop, if some new strange problems occur, will be reported!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello intelproask,

Thanks for posting in our community. We understand that you're experiencing speed issues with your wireless connection.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather more details about your system and network:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

- Your WLAN Auto-Config log.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WlanReport\ locate wlan-report-latest.html

Please notice that Intel does not recommend end users install or upgrade the various Intel® Wireless Adapter; you should always contact the Computer Manufacturer Support or its authorized representative to check which adapters are supported by your computer and replace it with them whenever possible. Otherwise, you may experience compatibility issues. For more information, please check the following advisories:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=5846 Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?_ga=1.33281086.1415059657.1457358642 Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
JPott1
Beginner

so i guys, after some experiments and calls, im back.

it seems to be a silly problem. It (was) a silly "problem".

i found a way (correct way) and tested it several days to be sure. So, what was the problem? :

+++ Dont f***ing use WifiInfoView while u r checking ping or speed test. This program jams your bandwidth! +++

i tested it on 3 different wifi adapters/laptops. same results! this software impairs the bandwidth.

why i used this software? so, i decided to change to an intel wifi card to get whole potential of my system, specially WiDi. so i removed my default (Atheros) wifi card and installed new intel 7260. then i was so interested to know, which band my device uses and signal quality and some other details about my wifi/modem/quality blabla... WifiInfoView shows it.

By the Way Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 supports intel WiDi, but the video (buffering) quality is not so good and as an intel wifi card. However good and strong adapter(card) with dual band and even BT;). but you cant install intel WiDi software ("your device doesnt support intel WiDi blabla...") though this atheros card can cast screen using intel WiDi though not listed as "System Requirements for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)".

another thing which must be noticed: im just using wifi service. i've not used/tested the bluetooth service of intel 7260 yet. intel BT driver not installed (just default microsoft driver from 2006) and i've disabled BT in device manager. Why?

1) i dont trust intel BT service (especially 7260) and im not interested to experminet how BT affects my wifi performance (im busy and within exams time...). as you know intel 7260 has some BT issues in some laptops! like interrupting wifi performance OR even unstable or not recognized BT (just search "intel 7260 BT pin 51" hahahahaha. you will find many funny problems/solutions).

2) i actually dont use BT. im ok without it!

Conclusion/ Summery:

- the software "WifiInfoView" jams wifi performance for (probably) all wifi card brands. (link below)

- Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 supports WiDi (i think unofficially) but has light quality disadvantages.

- Acer Aspire V3-772G supports intel dualband AC-7260 (HMW)

- i have not tested the Bluetooth of intel 7260 yet. i cant report any thing about recognition/stability/performance ....

thx a lot to intel support team and community. i hope i could help some future users by searching this issue in google.

by the way, i hope my wifi performance stay as like as it should be like now. wifi card is just newly added to my laptop, if some new strange problems occur, will be reported!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello intelproask,

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue and share the results and your conclusions.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos