Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

Slow speeds with Wireless N 7260 after update.

AKeyz
Beginner

I have a 60Mbps connection at home and with the 7260 card I used to get up to 56Mbps through my laptop but since driver version 16.6.0.8 I can only ever get a maximum of 25Mbps. Nothing else has changed, I use all the same settings and even tried newer beta drivers. I have rolled back to 16.5.3.6 as this was the last driver that would provide the correct speeds however this driver suffers from drop outs and every few hours I have to switch the wifi card off and on again as it drops to a few Kbps.

Can anyone please help?!intspeed

0 Kudos
64 Replies
GMass2
Beginner

With a Lenovo t440 2 month old I am having the same problem. I did try all the options changed. The driver is up to date 17.1xx form the installer on the Intel WEB site. So even with the latest driver it is still responding to ping unconfidently. When the cart go on I have 8 ping less the 2 ms and then it start to change from 2 MS up to 1440ms and event some time no reply.

This problem does exist for a long period of time. How come Intel is not able to fix it?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please try to get the latest wireless driver from the system manufacturer's website.

0 Kudos