Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter

idata
Employee

Dear all,

I have the same issues of intermittent sudden connection dropouts as reported by others with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wifi adapter and the Intel Proset 15.x drivers!

My system is a brandnew desktop computer with an Intel i7 3770 Quad-Core CPU, an Intel Z77 chipset, an Asrock Z77E-ITX mainboard, 16 GB of RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit.

Previously, I already encountered the issue with this adapter's predecessor, the Intel Centrino 6230 and only managed to resolve it by going back to an older driver version. If my memory is correct, the Intel Proset 14.x version range worked flawlessly, but the 15.x drivers lead to the dropouts (I always use 64-bit drivers).

These can occur randomly after 5 or after 50 minutes. The adapter suddenly disconnects and won't reconnect to the wireless network unless it is reset. The wireless router itself is fine as there are over a dozen devices from all types of brands that connect regularly to it without any problem at all.

The fact that the problem occurs on two different cards (6230 and 6235) leads me to believe that there is a driver problem.

On the 6235, going back to a 14.x driver does not seem to be an option on the table, because the device seems to be only supported by 15.x versions. I already tried going back from the recent 15.2 version to the previous 15.1.1 (after uninstalling through the device manager), but the problem still persists. Now I just went back to 15.1.0 and it's been ok so far, but i'm not very optimistic.

I have tried different changes in the driver settings but with no success. The problem persists!

I'd be thankful for a solution.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited 9/5/2014 by John S. (Intel Customer Support).

The "/message/169514# 169514 Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter" thread will be locked. This thread will remain on the forum for you to reference, but no new posts will be possible on this thread.

The 17.1.0 version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers has fixes for connectivity related issues with the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter. If you are still experiencing connectivity issues after installing the very latest software and drivers and you require further troubleshooting, please contact Intel Customer Support. If you prefer to ask questions, make comments, and/or receive answers on this support forum (Wireless Networking Support Community), please start a new thread or find an existing thread that matches your specific issue with your specific hardware/software.

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

1,128 Replies
AVall4
Beginner

Just installed latest samsung drivers (15.7.0.4).

It's a little less worse (speedup), but wifi-n is still not usable... very low speed.

Come one intel ! let's do it !

0 Kudos
IPetr5
Beginner

Greetings, fellow-sufferers

I do not have no problems nor WiFi nor BT parts of adapter with the native MS BT stack, but I lose the ability to transfer files via BT from Galaxy S3 to Samsung NP530U3C ultrabook as soon as I install Intel's driver.

Ultrabook and Galaxy S3 fine see each other and paired. Galaxy S3 status in PC Settings - Devices displayed as Online, but after about a minute, the status changes to Offline.

During of trying to transfer a file from the Galaxy to NP530U3C, Galaxy status on NP530U3C in PC Settings - Devices repeatedly changes from Offline to Online, but attempts are crashed.

Galaxy S3 reported ....

"Service not found.

You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service.

Make shure that target device is in DISCOVERABLE mode and enabled to receive files!".

However, Intel Bluetooth OBEX Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe) is running in SERVICES snap-in Microsoft Management Console.

Files are transferred from ultrabook to Galaxy though rather casuistic way ... .

I have to enter in the Control Panel-All Control Panel Items - Devices and Printers - (right click of mouse on Galaxy S3 icon)-Services.

After Refresh there is a list of services provided by Galaxy S3 - "Send File" and "Synchronize PIM Data with Phone Book Access" and then via "Send File" I can transfer files from the Ultrabook to Galaxy.

When I install FTP/OPP server on Galaxy S3 - then in the list of services provided by Galaxy S3, there another service is appears - "Browse Remote Folder" and system folder "Galaxy" appears in "My Computer" after which it is possible to transfer files in both directions.

All the above indicates the integrity of adapter's hardware part - and problem is explicitly software.

And finally....

Why does the menu items "Receive a file" and "Send a File" are missing in BT icon in notification area? These items are present in the BT stack and MS, and Toshiba, and BlueSoleil since time immemorial.

Hey Intel's programmers! So if you took stupid Motorola's BT stack as a basis - please be so kind bring this one to a state match your hardware

0 Kudos
AHoan21
Beginner

Alrighty, looks like they just released 16.1.3! Who wants to be the guinea pig and try it out?

0 Kudos
AVall4
Beginner

Guess what ! Nothing changed ! Thank you Intel for a new driver with no change.

You made me lost 20 minutes of my live

0 Kudos
dnguy23
Beginner

Concur. Still broken. Since the last update, the proset app (the one in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon) has stopped working for me, saying either "no compatible device found" or "feature not working properly". Uninstalled, wiped driver, reinstall, still the same BS. This new update has not fixed any of the issues.

0 Kudos
ANarb
Novice

That update was as useful to me as Intel's customer support. I am thinking that update was for Windohs 8 but I have Windohs 7 and there is no update according to their website and the device manager for me. People should sue Intel and teach them a lesson like Nvidia was taught when they released those really crappy GPUs because it seems that's the only way anything will get done.

0 Kudos
AVall4
Beginner

MAY WE HAVE A CHANGELOG ?

What have you done during 1 month ?
0 Kudos
IPetr5
Beginner

".....during 1 month ?" Ha-ha... During more 1 year.

0 Kudos
AHoan21
Beginner

Well I took the plunge and updated to the 16.1.3! It shows up as 15.10.2.1 in the driver details. I must say though, so far I've not had any disconnects! I've left my connection running all day without any hiccups or disconnections. It might actually be possible that this driver version has fixed the issue for me at least!

0 Kudos
cmacd1
Novice

When you guys report in results of the drivers can you let us know if you're running Win8 and the bit version. I suspect the first fix will be that of Windows 8 - given Joe's comments. A bug-bear for 7 users I know, hence the detail as they need to know to keep away as much as the 8 users need to know come on in and sit a spell.

Thanks

C-

0 Kudos
AHoan21
Beginner

So it has been 3 days now and I've yet to encounter a disconnect! The new drivers seem to be working for me! The only real blip I see is that with my Netgear R6300 router, I've gotten a few messages in the logs where it says "[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security]". However, there doesn't seem to be any issues with the actual connection as it seems stable and hasn't disconnected me? Anyways, here are the details of my computer:

Samsung Chronos 7 NP700Z5C-S03CA

Windows 8 64 bit

Intel 6235

Went from driver version 15.5.6.48 to 15.10.2.1 (this is the 16.1.3 drivers)

0 Kudos
MRoss16
Beginner

I have had the opposite experience. Drops & slow performance with the latest driver.

Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01UB

Intel Advanced-N 6235

Frustrating to say the least.

0 Kudos
ARich12
Beginner

I'd like to add to the users who have registered to report the same issue, which is seriously embarrassing.. at work, or anywhere I need to connect to wifi. Broadly, it's a (too) common occurrence that I can't connect to a network when all of my other devices connect with no problem. Often times, it will connect, drop, and then not even recognize the network after that. Most recently (new office), it sees the network, and connection fails. Of course, it seems to have no problem with other networks in the area, for which I don't have a password. I don't know if that's irony, misfortune, or what.

Specs: (2 months old)

Sony Vaio S (SVS15127PXB)

Windows 8 x64

Intel i7-3632QM

Current Driver version: 14.8.8.75

I've tried all of the power management fixes, uninstalled/reinstalled/uninstalled drivers, intel software, etc as well as all temp fixes in thread. Probably going to just get a new card tomorrow, as I've spent hours and hours trouble shooting this ridiculous issue. Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread to help out.

0 Kudos
TBuon
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem - new Dell XPS-12 (their flagship model) and its sucks!. So angry with Intel...how come no Intel spokesperson here?

Anyway tried everything suggested in 50 pages - still drops out. I saw comment about CLASS ACTION - if not a casual comment I'm in.... lets sue them......

NAmbe1
Beginner

The latest driver is just as rubbish as the last one.

connection randomly drops and wont connect again

event log has

NETwNe64

\Device\NDMP46

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Get you act together Intel.

Samsung series 9 NP9003XC

Intel Advanced-N 6235

0 Kudos
AGrad
Beginner

i cannot install the last driver on my dell xps 14. It crashes while installation. The Windows 8 Pro x64 freezes complettely.

0 Kudos
JYap3
Beginner

does the latest driver sep 3rd fix the problem already? If not, i won't bother trying it. Please advise.

0 Kudos
TGala1
Beginner

I'm experiencing these issues on a Lenovo t431s 'premium' flagship laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 and the stock iwlwifi kernel drivers. After many days of experimentation the only solution I've stumbled on was setting the router to N only mode at 5GHZ which alleviates the drop out issues. The signal strength is dismal, though. Sitting next to my router I'm at 50% signal strength.

This works for me at home but taking this elsewhere I've had to resort to a USB adapter. I would be happy to pay for a replacement card from a different vendor except for Lenovo's bios hardware white list and the fact this bundled with bluetooth.

0 Kudos
AVall4
Beginner

Hi,

For my part problem is solved.

I change protection type on my router to WPA2 - PSK/AES (instead of PSK only) and I have a real trafic enhancement. 6MB/s.

It's not perfect but that will make the job.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23065 version 16.1.3 is intended to solve most of the connection drop issues. We will continue monitoring your results.

0 Kudos
cmacd1
Novice

These drivers are for Windows 8. Can anybody who tries them report back on their success/failure please for the rest of us on Windows 8. Thanks Guys.

C-

0 Kudos