Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter

idata
Employee

Dear all,

I have the same issues of intermittent sudden connection dropouts as reported by others with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wifi adapter and the Intel Proset 15.x drivers!

My system is a brandnew desktop computer with an Intel i7 3770 Quad-Core CPU, an Intel Z77 chipset, an Asrock Z77E-ITX mainboard, 16 GB of RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit.

Previously, I already encountered the issue with this adapter's predecessor, the Intel Centrino 6230 and only managed to resolve it by going back to an older driver version. If my memory is correct, the Intel Proset 14.x version range worked flawlessly, but the 15.x drivers lead to the dropouts (I always use 64-bit drivers).

These can occur randomly after 5 or after 50 minutes. The adapter suddenly disconnects and won't reconnect to the wireless network unless it is reset. The wireless router itself is fine as there are over a dozen devices from all types of brands that connect regularly to it without any problem at all.

The fact that the problem occurs on two different cards (6230 and 6235) leads me to believe that there is a driver problem.

On the 6235, going back to a 14.x driver does not seem to be an option on the table, because the device seems to be only supported by 15.x versions. I already tried going back from the recent 15.2 version to the previous 15.1.1 (after uninstalling through the device manager), but the problem still persists. Now I just went back to 15.1.0 and it's been ok so far, but i'm not very optimistic.

I have tried different changes in the driver settings but with no success. The problem persists!

I'd be thankful for a solution.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited 9/5/2014 by John S. (Intel Customer Support).

The "/message/169514# 169514 Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter" thread will be locked. This thread will remain on the forum for you to reference, but no new posts will be possible on this thread.

The 17.1.0 version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers has fixes for connectivity related issues with the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter. If you are still experiencing connectivity issues after installing the very latest software and drivers and you require further troubleshooting, please contact Intel Customer Support. If you prefer to ask questions, make comments, and/or receive answers on this support forum (Wireless Networking Support Community), please start a new thread or find an existing thread that matches your specific issue with your specific hardware/software.

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

1,128 Replies
VMila
Beginner

Hello, it's a fix :

Victor

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

How far are you away from the router and how many walls? Signal quality tells me that you're at least more than 13 meters away from the router. The speed is horrendous at 18 Mbps where it should've been 300 Mbps if works correctly. Not a fix IMO.

0 Kudos
JGuzi1
Beginner

@victorios

Best way to save your battery life is charge it to about 80% of capacity :-)

@theveterans

I am about 8 metres from my router and average is about 48mbps (on 2,4 it still hangs - i cant use my vpn , on 5 i t works better - i can use vpn for about 10 minutes :-))

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This isn't a "fix".... This guy is just guessing, trying his various versions and no change.

I'm not going to follow anymore, clearly he's just going from one thing to the next, doesn't in fact have an actual fix.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Just got a lot of work done today thanks to the reliable Intel Centrino 6235 WiFi card! (really; no, no I didn't.)

Cannot VPN for longer than 2 minutes.

0 Kudos
JSchm8
Beginner

Add me to the list. Just wasted most of yesterday harrassing my internet supplier and now it turns out this is related to my Centrino Advanced-N 6205 NIC. I read a lot of posts and there are comments about the .15 update fixing but I have .15 and still have the issues. Does anyone know when they will fix?

0 Kudos
MRenn2
Beginner

Just placed an order for the killer 1202 via Amazon.

I hope it works cause we have three Samsung series 9's that are facing this horrendous WiFi issue.

$4500 down the drain if it doesn't work.

-Mike

0 Kudos
earr
Beginner

Are there any updates to this yet?

I'm a university student and this is seriously slowing me down

Samsung NP900X4D - Windows 8 (64 bit) - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (on driver version 15.10.3.2)

I've tried tinkering with all the settings people have listed over the 58 pages of this thread, but still have intermittent problems.. I've updated the drivers using the newest ProSet download as well..

When i first bought the laptop, the problem was straight out ridiculous, the connection would actually drop every few minutes, networks weren't found, and wouldn't connect other times... that was SOMEWHAT resolved with the driver update - no more frequent dropouts..

The problem I'm having is that webpages will load INCOMPLETELY. For example when i goto youtube, there will be a few plain text links and the rest of the page has stopped loading... Does this count as dropping connection?

- Happens with all websites when the wifi is acting up

- i know it has nothing to do with the browser because it happens in chrome, firefox and IE10

- i know it has nothing to do with the network because this happens at school, home, and even tried my neighbor's open wifi

Can someone tell me if there's anything specific to resolving incomplete loading of the webpages??

0 Kudos
MRoss16
Beginner

I know people are sick of hearing it but the only reason I can successfully reply to this post from beyond 10ft of my router on my Samsung NP700Z7C is that I swapped out my 6235 for a Killer 1202 wireless card.

Ideally Intel provides a "proper" solution for this problem for everyone -- but for those needed their wireless issues fixed before that yet to be determined date the Killer 1202 seems to be the choice.

0 Kudos
SGoh6
Beginner

This product is a horrible disappointment. The fact that this has been going on for more than a year is just outrageous.

0 Kudos
KHaug
Beginner

after 7 weeks where i tried all of the "fixes" in this thread without success i decided to replace my network card with an old card from my HP laptop. This works like a dream. I am gonna buy a killer 1202 as many of you have done. I am deeply disappointed with how intel are dealing with this huge problem.

0 Kudos
SKall5
Beginner

Last week i bought the samsung np900x4d-A02 with intel centrino 6235. My router is a draytek 2820vn (single band). I've tried all the driver version including the windows one, zet my power saving options and fiddled with a lot of other settings, sofar no luck. Sometimes it works for a while, but most of the time i'm experiencing dropouts and slow speeds.

I'm wondering: has anyone tried to replace the 6235 with an ubiquity sr71-e? Has anyone tried to replace the wifi card in a np900x4d? I even thought about buying an external adapter until intel solves this issue, but hey...just reading these 58 pages of misery did not raise my confidence in that happening anytime soon.

0 Kudos
DLars1
Beginner

I haven't tried the SR71-E, but I can tell you from my experience with Ubiquiti products that they're all top-notch. As long as Samsung doesn't maintain a BIOS whitelist of WiFi cards, swapping should be fairly straightforward. If you're like me and running on a machine with a whitelist (Lenovo), then you'll either have to modify/remove the whitelist (somewhat risky) or change the PCI device ID (less risky, but potentially impossible).

0 Kudos
SKall5
Beginner

Fingers crossed, i have had no dropouts gor slowdodwns the last two days. I'm on driver version 15.10.3.2, have all power saving switched off/set to max performance and removed the proset wireless software and bluetooth driver software using remove programs. Scanning eventviewer i had some errors concerning BTHUSB (8 times in last 7 days):

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x1f7fffff, got 0x1f3fffff. Low Energy functionality will be disabled.

Have not seen these the last two days. Other error that keeps popping up is a DHCP error (17x last 7 days):

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xC8F7331E2FD1. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

ipconfig /all shows:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C8-F7-33-1E-2F-D1

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ----------------------------------

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : -----------------------------------(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.22(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : dinsdag 8 oktober 2013 13:52:33

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : vrijdag 11 oktober 2013 13:52:39

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : -------------------------

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . :------------------------------------------------------

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Anyone knows what this Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is and how i can disable it? If i google it i get a lot of links to the miniport adapter (is this the same), but also a lot of wifi problems are mentioned. He to work now, will investigate further tomorrow.

0 Kudos
JSchm8
Beginner

I have exact same issues with Lenovo Helix and Intel Centrino 6205. I downloaded all new drivers, deleted and dowloaded from Intel, still not working. I'm forced to use a wired connection.

0 Kudos
EKong
Beginner

I wonder how long it takes, until someone files a lawsuit over this.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

For those who were not able to fix the issue with the latest drivers, we are looking for volunteers willing to assist testing and debugging drivers. The people who would like to help with this task must be using our latest driver (15.10.3.2 for Windows* 8) and still have connection drops. Please note the following considerations:

• Be a technical savvy person in wireless networking.
  • Be willing to install/uninstall drivers and provide feedback.
  • Have software skills. If possible, knowledgeable in software debugging.
  • If possible within the United States (Portland, Oregon is a plus).

In order to participate please send me a private message.

SKall5
Beginner

Hm, experiencing slowdowns and droputs again after two days of highspeed surfing. Managed to disable the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter by going into device manager and enabling view hidden devices under view menu. Then it shows up under network adapters and by rightclicking on it there is an option to disable it. Not sure if it helps though, but at least that annoying dhcp error will not show up again.

0 Kudos
JGuzi1
Beginner

@joe_intel

on 15.10.3.2 W8 (2.4 Ghz N) VPN connection dies every 5 - 10 minutes

System Log says --> NETwNe64 5092 (multiple times)

System is update

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Intel it's been over two weeks since you idiots posted anything, where is an update on the resolution?? This is getting VERY FRUSTRATING.

Oh here is another picture of error 10 which you still have not resolved either.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

On another note I keep seeing these signs everywhere but I don't believe the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WiFi adapter is designed to work with them. Although every other WiFi device on the planet can connect to them error free. What is this mysterious device depicted in this picture? I believe it is a wireless router!