Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7453 Discussions

The description for Event ID 7021 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found.

DenimPirate
Beginner

A lot of people seem to be having this issue with the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz adapters, and so am I.

Examples of other posts about this issue:

Every so often, usually when I'm usuing a more-than-usual amount of bandwidth (streaming video for example), wifi cuts out. I have to disconnect and reconnect from the router to fix this.

This happens to no other devices on the network, and happens no matter what network I am on.

When this happens, I get events in the event viewer such as:

The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP2
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I have searched through so many psts of people saying the same thing, but there appears to be no conrete resolution for anyone.

I've been having this issue for weeks/months, and it can happen multiple times per hour. It's ridiculous. I am completely unable to do anything.

I have even tried buying a brand new Wi-Fi adapter, the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX411 160MHz. I thought buying a new adapter would fix the issue, but no. Exact same thing, except now the event is from Netwaw12 instead of Netwtw12.

The description for Event ID 7021 from source Netwaw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Since these devices both use the same driver, it does indeed appear to be a driver issue.

I tried rolling back to earlier versions of the driver for these devices, but no joy.

PLEASE can someone help at all? I'm at a complete loss.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
innerman98
Beginner

Hello, I also have the same problem, and plus, the Bluetooth connection is also lost from my case.

I am using Microsoft Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro,

and the latest Intel WiFi driver and the Bluetooth driver couldn't solve the problem.

(WiFi : 22.220.0.4 dated 29Mar2023 & Bluetooth : 22.210.0.3 dated 08Feb2023)

From the event viewer, it goes like this.

innerman98_0-1682848280856.png

Every a few seconds, it makes info log with Event ID 7025 & 7026.

And in about every 10 minutes, there are error logs with Event ID 5002 & 5005.

And sometimes, warning log with Event ID 6062.

Also, randomly info log 5032, 7002, 7010 & 7017.

(I attached the event log)

And also, the Windows crashes with bluescreen almost once a day.

Though I don't have an evidence that the crash is caused by this issue, this is my best guess for the crash. 

Yesterday, the WiFi & Bluetooth are just gone crash and couldn't get back even after a few times of hard reset.

I managed to make it back to work by changing the SSD and back.

I am using Mikrotik RB4011 & CRS109, which has 2GHz & 5GHz with B/G/N & AC.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello innerman98

Thank you for posting.

Please check my previous post and provide the log file from the Intel® System Support Utility.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
innerman98
Beginner

Hello, Hugo,

I attached the system log from SSU.

Please note that I rolled back the drivers,

From

WiFi : 22.220.0.4 dated 29Mar2023

Bluetooth : 22.210.0.3 dated 08Feb2023

to

WiFi : 22.150.3.1 dated 04Aug2022

Bluetooth : 22.150.0.6 dated 30May2022

And now I am getting event messages about netwtw10 instead of netwtw12,

however, the system is so much more stable without bluescreen or network/bluetooth drop off.

innerman98_0-1683074641769.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello innerman98

Based on the official Microsoft support site, the driver version 22.150.3.1 is the one recommended for this system. So we would advise you to stay in that driver version as it is the one customized for the specific hardware. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DenimPirate

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with random disconnections on your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211.

We would like to get the hardware information from your system before providing any recommendations. Please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DenimPirate
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DenimPirate

I did not see the adapter on the log file that you shared with us. Did you have the wireless adapter connected at the time of generating the report?

Also, please let's try using the latest driver version recommended by your system manufacturer which is 22.190.0.4, install the driver through clean installation and let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DenimPirate

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DenimPirate

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
sMorrison
Beginner

Hugo O.,

I am having the exact same issue as those above.

1) Bluetooth Drop off.

2) System Crashes

3) Netwtw12 events (I don't even use wireless. My house is completely hardwired)

The description for Event ID 7025 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP3
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

I have attached the SSU Report and a pic of the system events before the CRASH (Blue screen) .

Thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
Ploegske
Beginner

Hello. I came here because I noticed my event log is flooded with notifications from Netwtw12, for which a solution would be nice.

Furthermore I read about Wifi connection issues. Are they still present? I don't use Wifi at home, but I will take my Surface Pro 9 on a holiday, so it might be good to know what's happening. 

I read some people have reboot issues. I used to have that prior to a Windows update last November. Now everything seems fine. My current driver version is 22.230.0.8, coming from 22.160.0.9

0 Kudos
GContente
Beginner

Hello all,

We are experiencing random WiFi disconnections on our corporation. So far we have seen that disconnections happens on Surface laptops with Intel chipsets.

In this case we have Surface laptop 5 with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz and Surface laptop studio with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz. We have identified that every time a user reports a wifi disconnection we see on the WLAN report that the network was disconnected by the user when it wasn't. At the time of disconnection we also see the same netwtw12 log in system events. For the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz the driver version is 22.250.1.2, which is fairly recent. I suspect that from what i have searched on the internet this issue wont go away even after updating the drivers.

Regards

0 Kudos
RobsonCarvalho
Beginner

I had the same issue until I stopped and disabled all Killer services using services.msc. It's been two days since the last disconnection. 

My driver version is 22.250.1.2 - Windows 11 23H2

0 Kudos
Netadmin
Beginner

we are also having the same issue,  was the issue resolved after you disabled the Killer service? thanks
0 Kudos
Gongjimin
Beginner

I had the same issue. 

My driver version is 23.40.0.4 - Windows 11 23H2

The event source is "Netwtw14 " and the ID is 7021 or 7003.

Yesterday, I moved my notebook to and other place, the Wi-Fi Connection was OK, but I could not ping to the gateway. After about a minute, it‘s find again.

I found two event with ID 7021 and 7003.

I found some description of the ID.

<https://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-suspicious-event-logs-and-restart.250141/>

7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage
7003 - Roam Complete

0 Kudos