Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

UEFI Driver for AX200 Bluetooth device

Renan_Moraes
Beginner

Hello,

I'm studying how to communicate with a AX200 bluetooth device on UEFI environment. There are some Bluetooth protocols available  in the UEFI Specification, but in my system does not an embedded driver that exposes the bluetooth protocols. Is there a UEFI Bluetooth driver to support the mentioned device?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Renan_Moraes,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Please provide more information about your wireless adapter. Is this the Intel Desktop kit? You can check the following link to confirm the product.
  • What is the model of the motherboard?
  • Are you working on a design? Integration?

I would appreciate if you could provide more information about your setup.

We will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Renan_Moraes
Beginner

Hello @Esteban_D_Intel,

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPadL14 notebook to try to communicate with the Bluetooth device through UEFI application in order to check the device behavior. I could retrieve the Vendor ID (0x8087) and Product ID (0x0029) using the PCI bus.

Motherboard Manufacturer: Lenovo and SerialNumber: L1HF9C8005X

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Renan_Moraes,

Thank you so much for your response.

I need to inform you that the type of support that we offer is in terms of drivers/firmware.

So far the information that we handle is that the only supported operating system with drivers are from Windows* and Linux-based distributions.

This firmware can be found here:

Windows drivers.

Linux drivers.

Can you confirm if this is the original adapter that came with the device? Otherwise, Did you make the integration?

Is your adapter the following device?

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Renan_Moraes
Beginner

Hello @Esteban_D_Intel,

Thanks for the support. However these drivers for Windows/Linux aren't applicable for UEFI applications.

Yes, the adapter mentioned came with the laptop. Regarding the model, I'm not sure if the adapter is the one in the link, because this seems to be intended only for desktops.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Renan_Moraes,

Thank you for your response and information provided.  

We will review this report to update this thread as soon as possible 

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Renan_Moraes

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, since your inquiry is regarding Bluetooth profiles, please keep in mind that from Windows® 10 the operating system (OS) will manage those profiles. In this particular case, our suggestion is that you address these concerns to your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Lenovo* as UEFI is more in relationship with OS and BIOS firmware.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Renan_Moraes

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos