Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Ubuntu driver for Intel AX201

Not applicable

Hello. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop HP ProBook, but I can't connect to Ubiquity AP 6 Lite. I checked that driver for wi-fi adapter recognized not correct, see output data:

sudo lshw -C network

*-network                 
       description: Wireless interface
       product: Intel Corporation
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 14.3
       bus info: pci@0000:00:14.3
       logical name: wlp0s20f3
       version: 20
       serial: [i hide it]
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlwifi driverversion=5.13.0-27-generic firmware=63.c04f3485.0 QuZ-a0-hr-b0-63.u ip=192.168.1.62 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
       resources: iomemory:600-5ff irq:16 memory:600324c000-600324ffff

I tried:

sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade but my Ubuntu has actual version and do not have fresh updates.

How to update or actualize driver?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, it is important for you to know that the Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They're available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives. We support the use of the drivers only in the kernel version the driver was a part of. Please refer to the table by this link for a list of supported devices by the iwlwifi driver.

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi

For installing this driver, please follow the next instructions:

1. Copy the files into the distribution-specific firmware directory, /lib/firmware.
  2. If the directory doesn't work, refer to your distribution documentation.
  3. If you configure the kernel yourself, make sure firmware loading is enabled.

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. In case you need assistance with installation or driver download, please contact your Linux vendor to get specialized support. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos