Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Unstable connection in some WiFi networks with Intel AC 9462

ASilv24
Beginner

I bought a brand new laptop with Intel Wireless-AC 9462. I had problems with some WiFi networks, not as fast as could be and unstable; with disconnections during a download. I made use of my laptop's warranty, the store gave me a new one, but I have the same problem. With others WiFi it is works just perfectly.

I think is a driver issue. Furthemore, I have the last driver version.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello ASilv24, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Is this an integration? Have you tried the driver from your computer manufacturer? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ASilv24
Beginner

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your replay.

My laptop it is a MSI, it is integrate.

I have tried with the MSI webpage drivers and the Intel's webpage drivers. Now, I have installed the latest Intel's drivers; but the issue continues.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Please, let me know the computer model and confirm the wireless version installed. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ASilv24
Beginner

My computer model: MSI GF63 8RD.

Driver wireless version: 20.100.0.4

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thank you for that information. Have you tried with another router? Does it happen with another device? We just like to confirm. Make sure your Windows version is up to date. Run Windows updates any apply any changes. Check out https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html and make sure your setting are set as the link. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ASilv24
Beginner

I have tried with 4 routers, and it happens in 2 of them. In the other 2, it works perfect.

The other devices work perfectly in any Wifi network.

I have the last Windows update installed.

Thank you for the contact.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Do they share the same configuration? Make sure you have set the same settings in the routers. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ASilv24
Beginner

Yes, they have the same configuration.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Based on your findings, this is not a driver issue. If it were, you should be facing this issue with the 4 routers, and this is not the case. At this stage, our recommendation is to contact the router manufacturer for more assistance regarding this issue. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Please, let us know if your router manufacturer was able to assist you regarding this matter. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ASilv24
Beginner

Forgive my absence, please.

I am going to contact with my router manufacturer, but I think it could be a driver issue. Becasuse I use the default configuration of all routers, and they haven't got any specify technology.

I will let you know as soon as they answer me.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thanks to you. Let us know their response. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos