Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Updating my Intel Pro/100 Ve network connection

idata
Employee

I just downloaded prowin32.exe to update my Intel Pro/100 Ve Network Connection (listed under device manager).

Prowin32.exe gets an error that says the "installed version of proset is not supported for upgrades, you must uninstall it before installing this version". I tried uninstalling the Intel Pro/100 ve network connection under device manager, and then trying to reinstall the new drivers but that didnt work.

Little help on what I should do?

There is a program under add/remove programs called intel(r)network connections, is that the program I should uninstall before installing this new version? Im not trying to uninstall stuff I shouldnt lol.

-Charles

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I had the same issue. I did uninstall the the intel (r)network connections in the add remove programs list. Then the install of the prowin32.exe worked pefrectly!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Charles, Bill Clinton is correct. You will have to remove the older version before you can install the new software.

0 Kudos