Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LangatNic
Beginner

WIFI issue

We recently purchased New HP intel and AMD core I7 laptops. The issue is when we connect to our domain and perform restart, it looses wireless connection. On checking wireless driver under device manager it has an exclamation mark. Has anyone experienced the issue? I would appreciate the support on this forum to help me resolve the problemwifi error.PNG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello LangatNic, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?

3. Are you using the drivers from HP?

4. Have you run all Windows updates, including the optional?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

LangatNic
Beginner

Thanks for your support.

I have saved the report, you can view through the link below. Kindly review and advice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sumCzpHq9gKtKJWst3aC2kkyb9kkVcGI/view?usp=sharing 

DeividA_Intel

Hello LangatNic, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Use the drivers from HP since those are customized for your device.

2. Run all the windows updates, including optional.

3. If HP's driver did not work, try a clean installation of the Intel drivers.

- steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-gigabit-p...

- file: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30279/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

4. Check with HP for any BIOS updates.

5. If possible, try to reinstall Windows.

6. If none of the previous steps worked, check with HP for any further steps and/or options. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

LangatNic
Beginner

I reinstall windows and added to domain. The wifi device worked properly until i updated windows to Version 20H2. The same problem have occured again.

DeividA_Intel

Hello LangatNic, 

Thank you for the information provided, based on that the best to do would be the following:

1. Roll back the Windows version, for the moment.

2. Try a BIOS update.

3. Use HP wireless drivers.

4. Check with HP for any known issue with this windows version. This because the wireless problem is just present with version 20H2.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

LangatNic
Beginner

Rolling back windows works. That is the work around am using now. Previously i tried drivers both from Intel and that of HP but it didn't work.

I really need to get a solution fast before users does windows update to version 20H2.

Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

LangatNic,

Does your domain have a group policy that manages power management for network adapters?

LangatNic
Beginner

We don't have GPO that manage power management even wireless network

Karelott
Beginner

"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked? I've meant Power management (Resources) tab of driver settings.

DeividA_Intel

Hello LangatNic. 

I noticed that some community member tried to help you by asking and recommending you steps, and I would like to know if you were able to check with HP and discuss this problem with version 20H2.

Regards,  

Deivid A.