Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

When i download the update for intel wireless bluetooth from version 20.70.0 to 20.90.1, i cant find any more a way to activate my bluetooth, can someone help me?

FLeig
Beginner

As i said i cant find a way to fix my bluetooth, i tried instaling again the previous version but the problem continued, so now i cant use the bluetooth in my notebook.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What wireless adapter? What platform? What processor? What memory? We really can't help you without sufficient information.

...S

0 Kudos
FLeig
Beginner

My pc is a HP ENVY 15 Notebook Pc, Windows 10 64bits, Intel core i5-4200M CPU @2.50GHz, 8GB Ram.

What happend is that when i update my drivers with the intel asistant, for some reason i no longer have bluetooth, then i go to problem solver and go to bluetooth it says Bluetooth isnt available. Try using an external adaptor.

The drivers i instaled were:

Intel Wireless bluetooth for windows 10, 64bits version 20.90.1

Intel Wireless N 7260 (Software Intel® PROSet/Wireless for Windows® 10)

0 Kudos
FLeig
Beginner

Got to add the intel asistant doesnt show me the bluetooth driver when it scan my pc.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here's something to try:

1. Go to Intel's Download Center and download the installers for your wireless card (both Bluetooth and Wireless packages).
  2. Disconnect your PC from Internet (if wired, unplug LAN cable; if wireless, disable router temporarily)
  3. Completely uninstall both the installed wireless driver package and the installed Bluetooth driver package.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package.
  6. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Reconnect the PC to the Internet.
  9. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos