Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

When roaming between access points the wireless adapter driver crashes (Windows 10, BSOD, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265)

DHend5
Novice

I have an issue with my users devices crashing when roaming between access points. This is only happening with devices that use the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter and are running windows 10. When the users roams a site as soon as their wireless adapter roams it causes the device to blue screen, returning an error on screen DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwtw02.sys)

The model of the device being used is the Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140, I also have a post on the dell forums here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19653010 Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265, wake from sleep no wireless network connections available. - Networking, Internet, Wir…

This issue is not specific to a single device, we are able to reproduce it on all of the ones that we have available to us. We have tried the current drivers as well from both Dell and Intel, both of which this issue is present.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DHend5
Novice

It seems that this is fixed in the current version of the driver 18.32.0.5 that was released a few days ago.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

redacted,

What is the latest driver version are you using ?

Can you provide the AP brand and model?

0 Kudos
DHend5
Novice

Driver Intel: 18.30.0

Driver Dell: 18.30.0.9, A05

AP Information

Brand: Cisco

Model: AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9

IOS Version 12.4(23c)JA9

AP Type AP 1140

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Redacted,

Thank you for the information, we are working on the drivers in order to improve its performance. We will publish a new version when they become available. In the mean time, we recommend that you use the drivers provided by your OEM. After using the OEM's driver you notice that the issue still persists, you can use our generic drivers version: 18.21.x found in our download center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25514/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 - File Name: Wriless_18.21.0_t64.exe. We are going to create a service ticket for you so you can send us the log files and Windows* event logs.

Another option as well, would be to clean uninstall all the current drivers installed and use Windows* Update to install the drivers.

Please check you provite messages in order to create a service ticket for you.

0 Kudos
jlawr3
Novice

How many more weeks/months have to pass before you guys come up with a viable solution for this garbage wireless adapter? Many of us bought machines without ethernet based on the advertised reliability of your dual band wireless adapters. I can't speak for everyone here but i personally spent a small fortune on my ultrabook and this has been the biggest disappointment.

I read review after review before purchasing and all that anyone talked about was intels skylake processor which makes me wonder if intel and pc manufactures pay these guys. How could they not have experienced these connection issues?

If you think I'm going to attach a USB WiFi dongle/extender/adapter/tether/duct taped coat hanger to this thing your stuck in 1998. You wouldn't put a cassette player in a tesla would you?

The amount of threads on various support forums including intels regarding this issue is staggering. I thought i was inconvenienced, schools, businesses etc bought dozens if not hundreds of machines with this adapter installed and the best advice you can give these institutional clients is uninstall/reinstall? That's like my company's IT guy asking if i restarted my desktop when tell him it's taking too long to boot!? If you can't adequately service these institutions what chance do individuals like myself have at recurving an immediate fix!?

I'm over it. HPs, Asuss(Asuss', Asus'ss...?), Lenovos and Intels support can go to "D-ell". You guys should seriously reconsider the word "support" in your job title. How in the hell is HPs warranty dept going to tell me they haven't heard of any issues relating to intels wireless adapter? I'm going to pull this adapter out like tom hanks pulled that cavity in cast away. And unless you want to me send me the 2015 ac-8260, 3165 or tri blend 17265 im going with your # 1 competitor. And when my new wireless adapter is finally clocking speeds that your bs product brief claims im going to screen shot it and copy/paste the crap out of it and let the world know the $20 piece of garbage you put in my ferrari ultrabook is just that!

And please for the love of God, do not reply with advanced adapter settings like change power sleep mode, fat channel intolerant, HT mode or your classic go-to...uAPSD. Unless you have a VIABLE SOLUTION don't say anything. I'll take that as "we sell bad products for a profit" and go about my business.

I feel better already

0 Kudos
DHend5
Novice

It seems that this is fixed in the current version of the driver 18.32.0.5 that was released a few days ago.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10