Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

When will Intel fix the driver configuration for the Intel Wi-Fi AC9560???

dorcom
New Contributor I

I've posted a few times here but never received the courtesy of a reply to this error code 10 -Kabuki Theater- issue other than some run-of-the-mill lame excuses that usually end up in the
web wide -we have no clue- therefore reinstall Windows if addictive updating doesn't help answers!  The most ill-advised and irrelevant of all the advisory out there.

I have posted now twice that it is not a defect in the Wi-Fi adapter but more so,  like all the other 99% of computer problems, a software/configuration/driver issue.

I have in detail described how to reset it and get it going again. However Windows enforced updates are likely to eventually screw it up again. if not Intel in the first place with their pointless driver updates which do not address or solve the real issue!

I really would like to hear back from a competent Intel engineer with a relevant and honest answer how this will be resolved!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dorcom,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you and to help you with this matter I would like to collect the following information:

1. Can you provide links to the other posts you have?

2. Can you provide more details about the issue? This will help me to have a better view of this issue.

3. What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? Just to make sure I won't give you steps that you have already tried.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
dorcom
New Contributor I

Hello Deivid,

Here are some:

An older one: community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AC-9560-cannot-be-started-code-10/m-p/1486693#M47685

A very recent one: community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AC-9560-cannot-be-started-code-10/m-p/1515195#M49373

Basically posts from "Dorcom".

Should you notice some sarcastic or even cynical undertone in my posts, you're right.

The issue has cost me a lot of grief over time at the "repair" solution I was offered were not only far sub par but some of them plain ignorant and totally unacceptable.

The issues are described in the two above-mentioned posts, Particularity more detailed in the most recent one.

In summary the widespread and common error code 10 on the Wi-Fi card. An issue that thousands and thousands frustratingly have to deal with.

As for the troubles shooting steps, these are also described in detail in the posts, especially in the second more recent one.

Attached is the SS you scanned from a few minutes ago Don during the completion of this post.

It is important to note that this is the current working condition where the Intel AC 9560 has no error code 10. But as a trade-off no Bluetooth is available. All more detailed in the last detailed forum post as mentioned above.

DC

0 Kudos
dorcom
New Contributor I

ERRATA IN LAST PARAGRAPH:

The first sentence should read: "Attached is the SSU scan results a few minutes ago done during the completion of this post."

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dorcom, 

I do appreciate the confirmation. I understand that you have tried all the latest drivers from Microsoft, Intel, and Asus, and the "error code 10" continues. However, I would like to know if you checked this behavior with Asus, if so, what did they tell you?

Also, just to confirm, whenever you fix the Wi-Fi or the Bluetooth the other one gets the error code 10, is that right? Did you try the steps from "idata" in the post you shared? Did you tried the "Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity"?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
dorcom
New Contributor I

Hello Deivid,

Not wanting to sound jaded, but the amount of time I have invested including all the blah blah boilerplate template answers including all the way to the absolute nonsensical ones, [i.e. reinstall Windows], I can safely say that I tried just about everything.

It is, and it remains in my opinion and experience, very clearly a product defect. More specifically, the typical software problem, a driver configuration problem. not a hardware problem because I can get it to work and if I never shut off my laptop or install something essential it will continue to work "de futuro infinito..."

All as long as I not install the Intel wireless Bluetooth driver and "maintain its error code 28", (the drivers for this device are not installed).

With one exception though observed:

If I shut down the laptop to hibernation and not restarted again for about a week or more, sometimes the settings appear to gone lost, vanished and  the Wi-Fi has again error code 10. Not always, but is has happened. Not related to the battery condition as latter retained its charge.

I have done DISM & SFC, used Tweaking.com (excellent cfg/policy restore repair) as well as an in-place reinstall/upgrade of the OS. The many hard reboots I had to do because of Intel code 10 and the aggressive screeching sound 2TB HDD date every time I had to hard shutdown has eventually caused a total disk failure.

It remains a classic NASA "SNAFU" with some exceptions.

Asus blames Intel and "runs away like from a burning fire" because I had a long time ago the "outrageous audacity" to upgraded from the Windows home edition, the laptop came with, to the Windows Pro edition. A capital crime and offense apparently making Asus incapable of helping... [sarc, cyn]

So the saga continues, Microsoft blames Asus and Intel

Intel?  Probably blames the aforementioned.

Lastly to add insult to injury, some companies either have the inane idea either want to sell me a new laptop or worse I have to pay for support! To "help" me  attempting to "fix" a defect they have originally caused?

It's never anybody's fault except the user having trusted one of those 3 companies and their product or in combination all of them.

I have described in my posts extensively What the errors [error codes] are, what the error messages in the Device Manager are, how they start and how to get it to work again with the sacrifice of having no Bluetooth and that any upgrade thereafter especially when getting the Bluetooth operate again or the "shoved down your throat enforced" Windows updates will result being thrown back to square one of the game: Error code 10, the device cannot start. Note again this happened about 1 1/2-2 years ago after  one of those Windows updates. trying to uninstall Windows updates has not yielded much.

(Yes, I am effing annoyed)

I once had succeeded all the way to Intel driver V 22.120.xx.xx  but only if I did not attempt anything to revive/install the Intel Bluetooth (BT) driver.  Once the Bluetooth is active, it works until the first shut down/reboot or hibernation. Then, most of the time, it's all again back to square one as mentioned before.

I had to resort to buying a USB type Wi-Fi and BT to plug in as a backup and emergency solution.  But this is not what I bargained for!

Think car, think airliner etc. Nobody would put up with that! It's kind of a relative to the 727 max MCAS system by Boeing; it "worked" until enough people had to get killed. Then, in the great American tradition, it gets fixed!

It is my opinion from observations and experience that it is an Intel driver problem where a conflict between the Wi-Fi card and the Bluetooth occurs, both trying to access either the same address range, IRQ or something like that. Again, I like to note that this has worked flawlessly until about 1 1/2-2 years ago.

The "Kabuki Theater":

"Intel (R) wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" (this device cannot start (code10))

With this, another apparently related issue appeared in the section:
"universal serial bus controllers"  the entry:
"unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)"

since about  a year or more added 2 new errors --in my understanding unrelated and irrelevant--  in the device manager under:

sensors > HID sensor collection V2
(this device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31))

And under:
system devices > detection verification
(this device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31))

Of course contacting Assus I was told the incompetent response this is an Intel problem, asides from reformatting and reinstalling Windows...! DUH?
Back then, I then contacted Intel and was told of course this is an Asus problem. 

Chances of getting any competency let alone a qualified reply from the manufacturer of Windows 10 has the same chance as winning the Powerball jackpot....

...and yes, I have just about try all of every setting and configurations including currently as below:

PropertyValue
Channel Width for 5GHzAuto (Access Point determines width)
Roaming AggressivenessMedium
Throughput BoosterDisabled
Transmit PowerHighest
802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode or Wireless ModeDual-band 802.11a/b/g or 802.11a/b/g
802.11n/ac Wireless Mode or HT Mode802.11ac

I'm not alone with this problem there are thousands out there dealing with the same.

PS Someone, a "Louis" (Intel Corporation JF4 ‪(916) 377-7000‬ • main)

called me from Intel in regards this matter (ticket number 059525-31).  I called back several times but the phone only rings aand nobody picks up.

Dorcom

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dorcom, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. I recommend you check your email since you may have received an email from us related to the ticket you mentioned.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dorcom, 

Thanks for your time. I know that you have been dealing with this issue for a long time and since you are using a laptop, I recommend you to check with Asus for further support.

The reason is that Asus take our generic driver and customizes them to fit their demands and specifications, which means that if there are some wrong with the adapter, they should replace it based on their warranty policies, and if there is something wrong with the drivers, Asus should make the customization to the driver or get in contact with our developer team to discus any changes or fixes.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
dorcom
New Contributor I

So once again the "buzz of" reply of unwillingness, incapability and ineptitude to assume any responsibility.

just the same old song like everybody else does.

Pretty lousy considering Intel!

In the future I will avoid your products wherever I can neither will I recommend them.

PS take some English writing classes, you need it! Your English is pretty poor!

0 Kudos