Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Why is the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 disconnecting several times a day? It's not my power save settings.

PReag
Beginner

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for contacting our Intel® communities. I understand that you are facing connection issues with your Intel® Wireless-AC 7260 In this case let us ask: When does the issue occur? Does it happen in multiple networks? When did start? Have you made any recent changes/updates in your system? Have you tried our Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity? Here is the direct link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?_ga=2.125143946.1802557731.1546529968-1236679467.1540406824 In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. You can download it here : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to check if you still need help Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Here is the info: I just changed routers and it's still happening. only on my HP envy laptop.

I did change the setting from public network to private. (home or office)

SSID:   Linksys03209

Protocol:   802.11n

Security type:   WPA2-Personal

Network band:   2.4 GHz

Network channel:   3

IPv6 address:   2406:3003:2060:1820:3cd6:8357:408c:db23

IPv6 DNS servers:   2406:3003:2060:1820:26f5:a2ff:fe90:8bd6

IPv4 address:   192.168.1.149

IPv4 DNS servers:   192.168.1.1

Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation

Description:   Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Driver version:   18.33.14.3

Physical address (MAC):   AC-FD-CE-3E-70-E7

5G

SSID:   Linksys03209_5GHz

Protocol:   802.11ac

Security type:   WPA2-Personal

Network band:   5 GHz

Network channel:   108

IPv6 address:   2406:3003:2060:1820:3cd6:8357:408c:db23

IPv6 DNS servers:   2406:3003:2060:1820:26f5:a2ff:fe90:8bd6

IPv4 address:   192.168.1.149

IPv4 DNS servers:   192.168.1.1

Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation

Description:   Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Driver version:   18.33.14.3

Physical address (MAC):   AC-FD-CE-3E-70-E7

During this email, my network disconnected again. attached is the screen shot of diagnostics. Usually it's reset wifi adapter.

0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Screenshot (132).png

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for your patience. I understand that the issue is still present after the router change. Again, in order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. You can download it here : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Hi Diego, thx for response. The WI-FI disconnected 3 times during this procedure.

I have the windows diag report. PFA

I will run the Intel tool as well

0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Here is the intel diag log (PFA)

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for patience and response. In this case based on the report that you sent we noticed that your Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® are not up to date. Please go ahead and try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers by following the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html You can find the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75439 I hope this helps. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Thx Diego, I'll give it a try. I have uninstalled prior but it always told me that i had the latest drivers available.

Hope it works..I'll revert back to you.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for patience and response. I will be patiently waiting for your report. I hope this helps. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner
Hello Diego, can you check the forum. It's happening again. Can you send me a link to the correct driver update. This is the one I updated. Available Downloads Windows 10, 64-bit* Language: Multi language Size: 179.79 MB MD5: e890e96ba354ebe5ad9c2783407cc47a
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Hi Diego, I did a clean install last week. I wanted to give it time to see if the prob;em has been solved.

All was good until this AM. PFA screen shot. Usually the issue was reset adapter, this time it was default gateway.

I believe my power saving settings are correct, but my battery will inadvertently stop charging. (plugged in, not charging)

I shut down, drain the the battery (integrated) and plug-in to ac adapter. This fixes the charging issue temporarily. Not sure if this is related??

Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Hi Diego, give this a couple of days...I just unchecked power management "allow to turn off"

I forgot to do this after the re-install. With the battery issue, it most likely caused the recent disconnect.

Thx again for all your help!

0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Hi Diego,

After I did the clean re-install. It was fine for a approx one week.

Now it's happening daily, several times per day.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Are you still engaged with me on this issue?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for patience and response. In this casePlease go ahead and try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers as shared before, but this time using our Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins driver package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28626/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins I hope this helps. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, I was checking your case and I would like to know if you still need help? Please do not hesitate in replying to post. You can also contact us through our phone support line 916-377-7000 Monday thru Friday 8 – 5 PST or you can provide us a call back number and the best time within our support hours so we can contact you and provide you with the assistance needed by phone. Best regards, Diego S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner
Hi Diego, I have reinstalled the adapter twice now. It was OK for a week, but the last two days it disconnects every 5 minutes or so. Very Frustrated!!
0 Kudos