Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz can’t be detected, no network

Dung_NQ
Beginner

I had a frustrating and very upsetting experience.
I am using wifi 6 AX200 160MHz, Main GA-AX370-Gaming 3 and Win 10.

I tried 5 ways suggested from forums but it didn't work.

1. https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-bluetooth-is-missing-from-Windows-10/m-p/1242551?fbclid=IwAR2e-vP9t5CWcB0BCiMPw3Pvh_1tBcDQFPpBvU4XwXiGHHZyRud17GNunHo#M32951

2. Open Run prompt (Win +R)
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

3. Run as administrator CMD type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4. Run as administrator CMD type:
sfc /scannow and press Enter.

5. Run as administrator CMD type:
chkdsk /f

As the picture shows, I found a temporary fix although it was a bit annoying.

The first time when I turn on the computer there is no Wifi icon (image 1,2) but if I go to Network reset (image 3) and press reset then I shut down (Note restart nothing happens) the computer and turn it back on with the button power will show both wifi and bluetooth (image 4).

And now I restart comfortably and still don't lose wifi, only when I shut down the machine it loses again and I have to do the Network reset step again if I want to have wifi again.

I still have not found a way to completely fix this problem, but I hope someone will find a way.

I have to go to device manager to do view/show hidden devices, I will see the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz wifi card is hidden (image 5) and press and properties will see the error line "Currently, this hardware devices is not connected to the computer (Code 45)" (image 6)

With questions

-Is this a new computer?

The computer i bought 2 years ago.

-Was it working fine before?

Right from the first time it malfunctioned like that, while installing to other computers it worked normally

-Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

I couldn't use it the first time I had to reinstall win 10 but it still doesn't work.

-When did the issue start?

Start from the first time you install the wifi card

-Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

My wired network is still working fine, and sometimes when wifi is back it works fine all day until I shut down the computer and turn it back on and it disappears.

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?
This is my home work computer and when I'm WFH I'm really frustrated with this AX200 device.

I run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and saved 2 files save_file_missing_wifi.txt and save_file_there_is_wifi.txt. 

I look forward to receiving feedback from support teams early intel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Dung_NQ

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The information you provided indicates a hardware problem, as this is not a wireless card that came with the motherboard, we recommend checking with your motherboard manufacturer for compatibility, guidance on how to physically install the card, and obtain the proper drivers.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Dung_NQ
Beginner

The information you provided indicates a hardware problem<<<< I don't understand what a hardware problem is, when I do a network reset in software, it can be fixed, Could you give me a way to solve the problem by contacting motherboard manufacturer while I found this to be an Intel AX200 software bug. You should frankly admit this problem instead of blaming everything because it's not just me, but most of the AMD system users have problems with the AX200 Wifi card.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Code 45 in Windows 10* is mostly caused by corrupt Windows registry keys, outdated device drivers, or faulty hardware. To fix this problem there are three things you can do:

• Make sure the card is connected properly.
  • Update the drivers.
  • Reinstall Windows with a new image. (If you use the same image to reinstall, the same error could appear.)

This error tells us that the card is not connected to the system, if you follow these steps and the problem persists, you could have a bad wireless card or it could be incompatible with the motherboard. 

We previously recommended checking with your motherboard manufacturer to get more information on how to properly connect this wireless card, confirm compatibility, and obtain drivers if it is supported.

If the card is confirmed to be compatible and the motherboard is working fine, you can contact the place of purchase to replace the wireless card.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Dung_NQ
Beginner

Thanks i sold it and bought another brand wifi bluetooth usb device it allows fast connection and no errors.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share it. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos