Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz /cannot connect to this network / 5GHz

Xeno
Beginner
My laptop brand and model is Lenovo c940-14IIL

I cannot connect to any 5ghz networks and sometimes the 5ghz networks does not appear to my wifi choices.

Please see attached image for more info.

Kindly help me with this. I tried multiple solutions i can see here but to no resort.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Xeno,

Thank you for contacting Intel️® customer support. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better understand this problem, we would like to confirm the following information:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • What is the router model you are currently using?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Xeno
Beginner
When did it start to happen?

It just happened. No exact date to be precise.

Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

Yes, 5ghz networks can be connected to the laptop

What is the router model you are currently using?
huawei echolife eg8245h5

Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
Yes. I can connect to all 2.5ghz network but not 5ghz

What troubleshooting steps have you
Update the driver, reset the network, reset the router and so on.

Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
This is the original
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Xeno,

Thank you for contacting Intel️® customer support. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

• Regarding your problem, we would like to recommend you the following:
  • Change the wifi network by manually selecting AX on 802.11 under the network adapter.
    • Right Click Wifi adapter
    • Click Properties
    • Click Configure
    • Go to the Advance tab
    • Select 801.11 AX Wireless mode
    • Click Ok
  • If the issue was caused by updating the wireless driver, Rollback the driver to the previous working version.
    • For the Rolling Back driver version access the device manager page,
    • Under Network Adapters right click on Intel Wireless AX 210 and select properties.
    • It will open a new tab for device properties and click on the Drivers tab,
    • Click on Rollback Driver or Press R
    • A new prompt will pop up requesting to input the reason why Rollback Driver  was selected, Simply select Function was working with the previous version then click Ok
  • In case the issue remains, you can perform a clean wireless driver. Corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the Lenovo website, the latest version available for your device is version 22.10.0.7:
  1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Xeno,

We hope you are doing fine.

Have you been able to complete the recommendations we shared in our previous comment?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Xeno,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos