Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

WiFi-22.230.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe - Intel Files Quarantined. (Gen:Variant.Tedy392826)

1d10t
New Contributor I

Product Type Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

After installing the most recent update "WiFi-22.230.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe" on July 3rd, 2023, at 4:48 PM CST, for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 on my Desktop Computer.

Two of the Intel files C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Support Assistant\DSACoreInterop.dll and C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Support Assistant\DSASsdInterop.dll were placed in quarantine, both files were identified as Gen:Variant.Tedy392826.

Screenshot (5577).pngScreenshot (5576).pngScreenshot (5575).pngScreenshot (5562).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
1d10t
New Contributor I

Since the instructions provided by Technical Support worked for the HP Desktop System.

I used the same instructions provided by Technical Support on the HP Laptop.

The Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office scan, and a full scan with McAfee's Stinger did not find any malware.

Followed the same instructions:

1. Uninstall Intel DSA
    1. Open a new tab on any web browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Edge.).
    2. Download and run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller .
    3. Accept the terms & conditions.
    4. Click on Next.
    5. Click on Close.
  2. Install the latest version 23.3.25.6

Let's complete the next steps and then let me know if the Antivirus shows the files again, please.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to hearing from you. In case we do not get a response by the next 3 business days we will contact you back.

Best regards,

Yehudy C.
Intel Customer Support Technician

In Posting this Reply all HTML Code (Links) is removed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 1d10t,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is the issue present only when downloading the driver from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)? Is it present when you tried to download the driver from the Intel website?

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi working?

4. What is the operating system installed, as well as the version and build?

5. Have you seen this issue before?

6. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? What is the model of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop)?    

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

1d10t
New Contributor I

I had opened a trouble ticket on this issue as well (Intel Customer Support - Case #: 05908646).

I had to provide all of the information requested.

I was provided with the following:

Let's complete the next steps and then let me know if the Antivirus shows the files again, please.
  1. Uninstall Intel DSA
    4. Click on Next.
    5. Click on Close.

Looking forward to hearing from you. In case we do not get a response by the next 3 business days we will contact you back.

Best regards,

Yehudy C.

Use of Intel sites and services is subject to these terms of use. For more information about Intel privacy practices please visit here.
Subject: After installing the most recent update "WiFi-22.230.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe " on July 3rd, 2023, at 4:48 PM CST, for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 on my Desktop Computer. Two of the Intel files C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Suppo
Inquiry: After installing the most recent update "WiFi-22.230.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe " on July 3rd, 2023, at 4:48 PM CST, for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 on my Desktop Computer.

Two of the Intel files C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Support Assistant\DSACoreInterop.dll and C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Support Assistant\DSASsdInterop.dll were placed in quarantine, both files were identified as Gen:Variant.Tedy392826.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 1d10t, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

1d10t
New Contributor I

Since the instructions provided by Technical Support worked for the HP Desktop System.

I used the same instructions provided by Technical Support on the HP Laptop.

The Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office scan, and a full scan with McAfee's Stinger did not find any malware.

Followed the same instructions:

1. Uninstall Intel DSA
    4. Click on Next.
    5. Click on Close.

Best regards,

Yehudy C.

In Posting this Reply all HTML Code (Links) is removed.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 1d10t, 

Thanks for your response. Seems that the steps provided by the other agent solved your issue, do you agree to close this thread? Or, do you need further assistance?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

1d10t
New Contributor I

Deivid A.

Thank you for the gentle reminder, you may close this thread.

I submitted a request to close Intel Case #05908646 on 07/19/2023.

I submitted a request to close Intel Case #05908650 on 07/19/2023.

Jim

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello 1d10t,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

1d10t
New Contributor I

Andres P.

Submitted a request to close Intel Case #05908646 on 07/19/2023.

Submitted a request to close Intel Case #05908650 on 07/19/2023.

James

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello 1d10t,

Thank you for your response. 

We appreciate for keeping us informed, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos