Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wifi disconnecting at regular intervals of time

PSriv7
Beginner

my network adapter is intel dual band ac 3160. As I connect to wifi it remains connected for some time then it automatically disconnects and shows no wifi networks available. Then I reset my network adapter then again it shows nearby wifi networks as soon as I connect to the network after some time it again disconnects. My drivers are upto date and I have tried almost every method to resolve this problem but none of them worked.

Now I came to know that 3160 is outdated and no more updates and service will be provided you so what to do now?

Attached file is wlan report. I hope you will examine and give me best solution

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PSriv7,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration, which can help us understand the environment this issue is occurring in.

1. When did you start experiencing this issue? (e.g. Windows* update, new router, etc.)

2. Do other devices connected to the same network experience the same behavior?

3. Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled on your computer?

4. To gather other useful information such as the driver version, OS version, the computer model, etc., please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
PSriv7
Beginner

My laptop is dell inspiron 5559, 8gb RAM, i5 6th gen. Network adapter is intel dual band wireless ac-3160. After new windows update i am experiencing this problem more frequently.

Driver version in the new update was 18.33.0.1 but i thought if new update is creating the problem then i roll back my driver to 17.15.0.5 still the problem was not solved. Only my laptop is experiencing this problem on the same network. Yes adapter came preinstalled in my pc.

0 Kudos
PSriv7
Beginner

attached file is the sytem information of my pc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PSriv7,

Thank you for your response. 

We recommend following these steps to continue troubleshooting this issue. 

1. Since the problem started happening after a Windows* update, uninstall the update to try to resolve the issue.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View your update history > Uninstall updates.
  • Right-click the update you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

2. If the problem persists, perform a clean installation of the wireless drivers provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

Information taken from this site:

Note: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

3. To improve the Wi-Fi connection issues, make sure the computer and the router/Access Point are using the same standard: 802.11ac.

• Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  • Click Device Manager.
  • Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  • Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  • Click the Advanced tab to configure the advanced settings.
  • 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PSriv7,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PSriv7,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos