Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wifi disconnects randomly

PerkyPeach
Beginner

Hey all,

I have Killer® Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW), and I have random disconnects. I have udpated both wifi and bluetooth through Intel Driver Support Assistant, but sadly it hasn't helped.

It has nothing to do with my wifi, as both phone, other laptops and TV has no issues with disconnecting.
The disconnects are somewhat frequent, and they last about 10 to 30 seconds. Sometimes they are very frequent but at other times they are an hour apart or so.

I have a hard time figuring out how to troubleshoot, the only thing I have done so far is updating all drivers and troubleshooting my router, which had no issues. So now I am down to the network card.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Nathalie

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello PerkyPeach

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  • Did you test other drivers? What version?
  • What is your current driver version?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PerkyPeach
Beginner
  • Do you get any Bluetooth issues?
    Not that I know of
  • When did it start to happen?
    Earliest I remember is around 12th of december, could have been earlier, not sure
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    Not sure
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
    Laptop
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
    I only use my laptop at home
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
    My laptop is from February 2021, not sure what OEM is, but I checked the website from where my laptop is from and can't find anything.
  • What OS version are you using?
    Windows 10 pro
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    This is the original
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
    No we only have that one network, however it does not happen on our other devices, with the same network.
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
    Yes
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
    No hardware, and only updates of current software, that I know of
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
    No, not that experienced in troubleshooting
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
    Yes
  • Did you test other drivers? What version?
    No
  • What is your current driver version?
  •  
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update, please share with us the full model of the laptop or the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results to get the appropriate driver:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
PerkyPeach
Beginner

I've attached it below. Thank you for the quick reply!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

In this case the system doesn't show its specific model on the report so we are not able to recommend a driver version. For testing it's recommended that you use the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer so please contact them directly to confirm which is their latest version and confirm if the BIOS is up to date. OEMs include driver customizations that intel drivers do not, sometimes they are needed for the correct operation of your device, that is why their drivers are recommended on a laptop. Also, your operating system is not up to date please complete those updates for testing.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you have any questions.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos