Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7549 Discussions

Wifi driver AX201 not working 2023

Feaglessd
Beginner

This happened to me after i freshly install windows 10 due to the slowness of laptop. Intel driver and assistant support is not working for me as well as it says ur drivers are up to date when they are not.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Feaglessd, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Were you able to install the wireless driver successfully on this specific machine before?

Was the Intel® wireless card working fine before without showing the slow wireless connection that you are describing?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides installing Windows* 10, that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Feaglessd
Beginner

-Is this a new computer? An year old precisely

-Were you able to install the wireless driver successfully on this specific machine before? YES but after reinstalling windows a notification pops up saying timed out for checking drivers (intel driver and support assistant)

-Was the Intel® wireless card working fine before without showing the slow wireless connection that you are describing? YES, it was working flawless.

-when did the issue start? after i reinstall windows 1 month ago but i had to do the drivers manually

-any recent hardware changes? No change at all just added a cooling pad in case of laptop high temps reaching at 86-degree Celsius (In GPU)

-wireless card, it come installed on the computer

-happens anywhere

Note:- Is this an issue with windows though or if the problem is with the drivers is it recommendable to install it from the laptop manufacturer (i.g evga ASUS, hp or msi) and lastly install it with intel driver assist

My driver assist tells me its updated but i have seen it and its not (from 3rd party software)

I want to know if the driver assist tool from intel would fix the bug would be happy if it would happen. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Feaglessd, Thank you very much for providing that information.

It is important to mention that for this scenario, we will try to fix the problem related to the slow wireless connection by installing the drivers manually. Once we do that, we can continue working on trying to fix the problems related to the Intel® Sriver Support Assistant application.

Based on the information shown in the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 22.70.0.6, which is provided by MSI and it should be the proper driver for your device since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Since the slow wireless connection problem persists while using that driver, even though the Intel® wireless drivers are generic, for testing purposes we can try a clean installation of our latest Intel® wireless driver version 22.220.0.4 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax201

We also recommend to get in contact with MSI support to verify that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your machine or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.msi.com/support

Please let us know if you are able to install that driver and if the problem with the slow wireless connection remains after that.

In reference to the Intel® Driver Support Assistant tool, in the link below you will find troubleshooting steps to attempt in order to try to fix the issues related to the application:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html

If the issue with the tool remains then please provide the information requested in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056654/software/software-applications.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Feaglessd, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Feaglessd, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos