Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Wifi hang-up when connect Bluetooth

vidalv
Beginner

I have a problem with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on my MSI laptop bought in May 2020.

I updated the Intel drivers which are up to date.

My concern is that when I launch a BT connection, it cuts off the Wifi.

Question: How to do a "complete" uninstall and purge the registry in order to do a clean installation?

Thank you.

Vincent.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

vidalv, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, " How to do a "complete" uninstall and purge the registry in order to do a clean installation?", in the following link you will find the instructions of how to do a clean Intel® Wireless driver installation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter and to further assist you, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your platform:

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
vidalv
Beginner

Hello Alberto, thank you for your quick response.

I have tried several times to uninstall the Windows device driver, unfortunately after restarting it will automatically reinstall itself (I have no control). I downloaded the latest driver from the Intel site, without effect. I contacted the PC manufacturer who told me to return the machine for repair, on a paid service. This machine was purchased on May 28, 2020.

Aida say : Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter PCI, I use WiFi_22.0.0_Driver64_Win10.exe software release.

To answer your questions :
- The card model = Intel AX201NGW
- Laptop = MSI GL75 Leopard 10SER-223FR
- Bought on May 28, 2020
- From the start, the Wifi has been cut - turns on again for no reason
- Update of the drivers following a call to the manufacturer
- Network card included in mobile
- Windows 10 Home System version 10.0.19042.630
- Private use at home.

It seems the problem is relative to Hardware, for trail I put a Wifi dongle from TP-Link, it work !

BTW, can I exchange my actual card with this one : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07ZT7T76S/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AP6SUCK63D6MD&psc=1

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Vincent.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello vidalv, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked on MSI's web site, and the latest Bluetooth driver version they have available is 21.60.0.4, also the latest Wireless driver version in there is 21.60.0.5, please try a clean installation of those drivers following the instructions in the link below, disconnect the Internet and install the Bluetooth driver first, once you get the chance please let us know if the problem persists with those drivers installed:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GL75-Leopard-10SER#down-driver&Win10%2064

Regarding your question, "can I exchange his actual card with this one:", keep in mind that Intel® sells the Wireless cards directly to the computer manufacturers for them to integrate them in their systems along with the proper customized driver provided by them, so, in order to confirm that information we suggest to contact MSI directly so they can provide further details about this topic:

https://us.msi.com/support

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
vidalv
Beginner

Hello and Thank you Alberto, as I told you when I uninstall the Wifi driver if I reboot it reinstalls itself so I cannot follow the procedure as it is described.

I don't understand the first sentence? You say you need to install the graphics driver? I have a problem with the Wifi and BT not the graphics? !!? Sorry ....

I will redo the manipulation without rebooting, I would tell you ....

The drivers are: BT_22.00.0_64_Win10.exe for Bluetooth and WiFi_22.0.0_Driver64_Win10.exe for Wifi.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it is reinstalling itself, then you are doing this incorrectly. Follow this process exactly:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29919.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

0 Kudos
vidalv
Beginner

Hello and thank you n_scott-pearson, as already mentioned I try several times, without success!
As it doesn't seem possible to put screenshots in this post I made a word document accessible here:

http://dl.free.fr/fjssCFQ8c

I think the MSI configuration saves the driver configuration somewhere on the disk and if one of them is uninstalled it reinstalls itself. So it's a hellish loop. I don't know how to break it?

As I have already said this problem appears blatantly when I start the BT, but I have also noticed since the start of use of this new PC (which has already broken down the keyboard and then restarted) that the Wi -Fi was not stable, untimely cuts. This is why I am thinking of a hardware problem on the card that makes the 2 Wi-Fi and BT ...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, I am unsure why the support for inserting images is gone from the bar. It worked fine for me (while it was there).

The process described best alleviates the instability issues MS created across the Windows 10 upgrades. I was not so sure this was the case here but, since Albert recommended trying a reinstall, I went with it.

The big question at this point is why folks are seeing these issues. The number of complaints seem high enough that blaming it on hardware failures does not seem like the right answer (though there were a couple where replacement fixed the issue - but these weren't AX200/AX201). I personally believe that the issue is an incompatibility between the adapters and the routers.

My understanding is that the Wireless-AX protocol was not finalized when many adapters and routers first shipped, so this possibility is not unreasonable. When I then see (what appears to be) Intel re-releasing the AX200 as the AX210 and only then including a compatibility certification, it becomes more of a possibility. Maybe I am overthinking this speculation...

...S

0 Kudos
vidalv
Beginner

So, the end of the story, when I opened the PC I realized that the WiFi antenna was not properly connected to the card. I had to send this machine back for repair and the reassembly was poorly done! I put the connector back correctly in its place and now it works.

How can I close the subject ?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! The tangent I was off on...

Simply mark your most recent post (the one I am responding to) as being the solution to your problem.

...S

0 Kudos