Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Wifi module ax210 on the 7th generation i7 processor.

Rakhmonov
Beginner

Hello, I want to update the wifi module on intel ax210 where I read that this module only works in the 10th generation processor. My laptop has a 7th-generation intel core i7 processor installed. Can I install this module?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Rakhmonov, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, "Can I install this module?", just to let you know, the installation of the Intel® Wireless card actually does not depend on the Processor being used, it depends on the technology the motherboard supports, on electric requirements and on the m.2 form factor your computer has.

For this scenario, since we are talking about a laptop, the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) has special antennas specifically design for their laptop, and even though the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 card might physically fit on the computer we do not recommend to install it since there are electronic protocols that the Intel® Wireless card needs to comply with.

So, in this case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to confirm if their product supports the technology the Intel® Wireless card needs to provide the optimal functionality of the Wireless connection and also to confirm their warranty support on this situation.

Additionally, when you are trying to do a "Wireless Integration", there is also regulatory information that needs to be addressed, in the following link you will find further details about this topic:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-io/wireless.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos