Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7487 Discussions

Wifi not showing up in Ubuntu 21.04 on laptop with Killer AX1675

mitch98
Beginner

Hello, 

I recently purchased a new laptop with a ax1675 wireless card, which I believe is a verison of the 210ngw card. When attempting to use ubuntu 21.04, as well as other distros on this laptop, No option to connect to wifi networks is shown. This card is listed as supporting linux and I would like to be able to establish a normal workflow on this laptop. Can you help me get this wifi card working? 

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @mitch98

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

It is worth mentioning that as of right now there is no official Linux support for Intel® Killer™ wireless adapters. We do not develop or support drivers for Linux with our adapters currently. Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They're available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives.

We recommend making sure you are installing the proper firmware version for your wireless card Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 (based on AX210) and reviewing that you have a supported kernel version or newer. Please refer to the following link to see a table with a list of supported devices by the iwlwifi driver and installation instructions: Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Nevertheless, we will check this further to see if there is any additional information we may provide; however, we cannot promise more details of further support. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mitch98

We would like to confirm that as of right now there is no official Linux support for Intel® Killer™ wireless adapters and what we recommend is following the general suggestions provided in our previous post and links and making sure the system is using the latest driver/firmware available for the wireless card. However, if the issue persists, our recommendation is to refer to the Linux UBUNTU® forums for additional support.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos