Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Windows 10 2004 get a boot crash after enable Hyper-V with the latest Intel WiFi driver

Hishiro
Beginner

Windows 10 64-bit 2004 get a boot crash and restart loop after enable any virtualization features (Hyper-V, Sandbox or WSL).
The problem doesn't appear if I keep these virtualization features disabled.

Below is some useful information:
Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
What failed: NETwtw10.sys

NETwtw10.sys is the latest Intel WiFi driver (21.120.0.9).

Here is the Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29816/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins/

Driver download URL is:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29816/a08/WiFi_21.120.0_Driver64_Win10.zip

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hishiro
Beginner

I think it's the Intel driver cause the System BSoD when boot, not Hyper-V. So it is a compatibility problem.
Hyper-V, Windows Sandbox, WSL or other virtualization options in "enable or disable windows features" just triggered this problem.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hishiro, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Hishiro
Beginner

I use Ryzen 4XXX based CPU, of which model is R7-4800H.

I use ax200 wireless card.

It seems that some virtualization features of W10 Pro 2004 64-bit have a compatibility problem with the latest wireless card driver.

System got  BSoD crashes when reboot, once virtualization features (hyper-v, sandbox, wsl2) had been enabled with the latest Intel driver.

I have already fallen back to W10 1909. Everything goes well even if using the latest driver, except the WSL2.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hishiro, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, the Intel® driver that is available in our web site was created to work with Windows* 10 only, it was not designed to work with Hyper-V or any other application working on a virtual environment, that is why it makes sense that the application works fine when you disabled the virtualization features.

So yes, as you mentioned, it is actually a compatibility problem between the drivers and the application being used.

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Hishiro
Beginner

Yeah, I know it certainly.  It's a fundamental concept.

I do not use the WiFi driver in any virtual machines.

I just install the driver to host machine, then turn on some virtualization features, you know, like Windows Sandbox, Windows Subsystem Linux and Hyper-V, which are necessary for some other work. But I get system BSoD crashes.

Sorry for not having discribed it clearly, because I'm not an English native speaker.

I have reported this issue to Microsoft.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hishiro, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing those details.

Yes, actually in the case the best thing to do will be to get in contact with Microsoft directly, as you did, to report this scenario and for them to provide further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos