Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Windows 10 Hyper-V and Intel Wireless upload speed slow

JVart1
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently purchased a gigabyte sabre 17wv8 laptop which has Intel Wireless-AC 9462, and have installed latest Windows 10 Pro OS V1803.

Wireless works fine, except when I try and use Hyperv and create an external switch using wireless. What happens is the upload speed is slowed down or throttled to 1Mb/s, download speed is fine. The slowdown is experienced on both the host and the vm's. Soon as I delete the external switch, the upload speed returns to normal. It appears that this fault is related to the version of windows/hyperv that includes the default network switch which can't be deleted.

I have updated the wireless driver to the latest version 20.80.0.5 and no difference

Has anybody else had similar experience? solution? request Intel to update driver?

Cheers

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vartiaj,

Thank you for posting.

You already have the latest driver available from our end. So, you can try contacting Microsoft regarding the Hyper V behavior, since it's only happening with this feature it might be related to it and not to the wireless adapter. It might even be an expected behavior when using a virtual switch with Hyper V or a bug with the Windows® 10 version you are using. But, in either case you need to contact their support to get more assistance for this matter.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PWonder
Beginner

Has this been corrected yet.  It started happening to me after the last build of Windows10.  I can't find a work around that I can use.

0 Kudos
PWonder
Beginner

Crazy this is still an issue after 2 years.  I just replaced my laptop with a Precision 7740 using the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and its still an problem.  Drivers are all up to date.

0 Kudos
GrahamWharton
Beginner

I have the same on my 8265AC, but the other way round. Download throttled to <1Mbps. As soon as you remove the External Switch normal download speeds return.

0 Kudos