Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 Support Centrino Wirelees N-1030 ? :(

ABodu
Novice

I can not go to the Windows 10 version.Intel does not provide wireless support.

Will you get support ? It does not appear in the list. It will also generate Intel progressive solution?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

AlpaslanBodun,

Unfortunatelly, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 does not have support on Windows*10 and we do not have information whether this will change in the future.

We recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer to check if they have any updates. Here is the link to the manufacturers: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support

As a second option, you can use the latest drivers for this adapter. They are Windows 8.1* compliant and there is no guarantee it will work. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23493/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* - File Name Wireless_16.17.0_e164.exe

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

AlpaslanBodun,

Unfortunatelly, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 does not have support on Windows*10 and we do not have information whether this will change in the future.

We recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer to check if they have any updates. Here is the link to the manufacturers: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support

As a second option, you can use the latest drivers for this adapter. They are Windows 8.1* compliant and there is no guarantee it will work. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23493/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* - File Name Wireless_16.17.0_e164.exe

ABodu
Novice
Thank you aleki. Have a nice day.
0 Kudos
mhunter64
Beginner

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 DOES work on Windows*10. I am running 10 and have this adapter.  The only reason I am here is because it wont see my  5G network, only the 2.4... The link below shows other users who solved this problem. It's been 5 years or so since I got my 1030 working on Win 10 so I dont rember how I did it.

I am about to do a factory reset and want to save the actual driver download to my hard drive so I can do a search for it. If anyone can assist me with that it would be greatly appreciated. If the driver file that was installed to my windows directory is suitable I will copy that to backup but I dont know where it is. 

The drivers that work are:

Version = 15.4.1.1 Date 23-1-2013

and

15.11.0.9 date unknown

Well, would not let me embed the link, but it comes from this community. The end of the page ends with m-p/307474#M5570

mhunter64_0-1687286658525.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to my records, the final sets of packages released by Intel that included support for the Centrino Wireless-N 1030 card were: Wireless 18.40.4 and Bluetooth 3.1.1311. Support for Windows 10 was NOT listed as provided for this card.

Now, there are a few things I can suggest:

1. The full 18.40.4 package set DID include support for Windows 10. Unfortunately, while I saved the package set in my archive, I stupidly forgot to (also) save the release notes file (Doh!). I thus cannot verify whether or not the Windows 10 packages supported this adapter. I can provide OneDrive download link if you would like to try anyway (it's too big to upload here). Note that, after all is said and done, we could find that the version of the driver included in these packages for the 1030 is (still) 15.11.0.9.
  2. I did find a site (DriverScape) that has the 15.11.0.9 packages (date was 04-30-2015, BTW). I do not typically trust these driver download sites (many are homes to malware of all sorts), but you can do so it you are not as paranoid as I. I would point out that there are multiple driver download sites that offer these packages.
  3. I also had a hit in the Microsoft Update catalog (Here). It shows as having version 15.11.0.7, dated 01-26-2014.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
mhunter64
Beginner

Thanks, found a few packages on DriverScape and Microsoft Update catalog. Should have it covered. I found the 18.40.4 package at Softpedia but it doesnt support the 1030. Never used that site before...

Thanks for the help!

Max

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/INTEL/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Driver-Software-18404-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Just to be clear, you actually tried the 18.40.4 package and it didn't work? Or did you just look at the list of adapters Softpedia said it supported and stop there?
...S
0 Kudos
mhunter64
Beginner

I just looked at the list. And now that I think about, I believe I had the 1030 working under Win 8, and the free upgrade to 10 handled the driver issue...

mhunter64_0-1687366156048.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have been doling out the drivers to one user at a time, so that I could collect user information to use in my argument that the files need to be reposted. I am at the point of giving up, however. Intel is saying that there is a security risk associated with reposting the drivers and that Intel Legal is simply not going to allow it.

So, I am providing a share link here that will allow anyone to pull the final file releases for the various discontinued Wireless Adapters that I had archived: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Where possible, I have included the original Release Note files; where not possible, I have created Release Note files with what information I have access to.

If someone wants to take these files and put them on a file sharing service, go for it. Let me know where they are available and I will remove them from my share.

...S

0 Kudos