Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters (Installation Failed)

Jump to solution

Hi guys i tried to update my wireless adapters atm but it says installation failed. Anyone know this issue or have a fix thank you

Tags (2)
83 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I have dual band wireless AC 8260 and mine would not update either. Keep getting update failed on Intel Driver & Support Assistant page. So I followed the moderator's instructions on here however, I DID NOT uninstall anything before installing the new driver update. I was too scared to screw something up so, I just unzipped the file into a folder, went to device manager, right clicked on my adapter, update driver, picked "browse my computer for software", selected the folder I created with all of the unzipped files in it and it installed fine. I did not have to uninstall anything before hand. I restarted my computer and when I came back to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant page, it said my driver is up to date.

Don't know if this will work for everyone but, mine seems to be good to go.

Highlighted
Beginner

In my case I unpacked WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.exe to a folder and got 2 files inside: setup.xml and WirelessSetup.exe. While running original, external exe didn't bring any result - running WirelessSetup.exe directly just started normal driver update process that went completly fine. I updated drivers for my Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 in MSI GE73 Raider 8RF. Intel DSA couldn't make it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm with you; I did exactly the same thing, and no issues thus far.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank-you for this solution set. I followed each step as described & now the 9260 WIFi card has the correct driver version 21.110.1.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Same here... lost BlueTooth as a result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Did that and it's working so far : Big thanks Sassenach0603

Here's what I did in details.
Open the WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.exe file with 7zip, to view the content of the package.
Then locate the biggest file of the archive (strangely enough it's a file named .text amounting to 28216488 bytes) extract it and rename it as setup.exe
Again, open the file with 7.zip, and extract the 2 files that are in the archive somewhere.
The extracted WirelessSetup.exe file installs the driver.
To be sure I think it's best to reboot the PC.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, @AndrewG_Intel! This set of instructions sufficed as a workaround for this issue.

I had to restart after the driver selection to get the support assistant to stop telling me I needed an update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

This solution worked for me, thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've tried downloading the installer of the wireless adapter but it still won't run? I tried administrative runs and it doesn't want to download..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@Asfyxia you could try what I did  and see if it solves the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

i am waiting for intel support  to solve the issue , i do not want to experiment and destroy something

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
The fix is manually installing the Pro driver that you download. No experiment required.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same problem and I did All the steps you explained in the previous post. But in the driver information, it still remains the basic version, even after manual installation was successfully done.

• Version20.70.18.2
  • Date6/24/2020

Device info: HP Spectre 360 15'

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Win 10 Home last version (2004 build number)

Moreover, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant ignore the wireless and doesn't say anything about it and shows the basic driver version: 20.70.18.2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @ALIUNIDO 

The version 20.70.18.2 is the correct version for AC 8265 adapter. Please read the Release Notes.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

update procedur  for   AC 3165   NOW   tells,  its up to date  ,   cause the update  to 

• Version19.51.30.1    failed  all the last days 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Well now... I followed the stated procedure to the letter, but did not get the update... still reads 19.51.29.1.

My wireless works, just lost BlueTooth (go to bluetooth devices..., usually get a slider button to turn it on and off, but that button no longer exists).  A bit exasperated; guess I'll have to do without bluetooth until Intel comes up with the fix for the update.

Cheers, Bruce

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @mark234 

Version 19.51.30.1 is the latest version for AC 3165 adapter.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @BSindahl 

Please download and install the latest BT driver.

Check in Windows settings that BT is enabled.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

That worked, Leon!  You made my day, many thanks.