Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
6433 Discussions

Windows 10 intel wireless ac 7265 rev D code 10 (works on debian sid)

alex41
Beginner

I have been struggling to get this network card to work on windows. I took this card out of a laptop and placed it into my motherboard. I have been able to get full functionality using debian sid, but on windows 10 I get code 10 no matter what I do.

what I've tried:

-resetting windows 10

-manually reinstalling drivers

-using DSA to automatically reinstall drivers

-reinstall windows 10

-power cycle the PC

the motherboard is the b450 fatal1ty itx from asrock, I replaced the wifi card with an intel wireless ac 7265 rev D (hardware id ending in 61)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You manually installed the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) and Management Engine packages BEFORE any other Intel driver packages, right?

...S

P.S. My recommendation: Install the Intel Bluetooth driver package before the Intel Wireless driver package.

Steven_Intel

Hello alex41,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to know if you were able to check the previous post and follow the recommendations?

As well, since you are installing a wireless adapter into your system, please be aware of the regulatory information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.