Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 network adapter instability, post install of Windows 10 drivers - how to fix?

TArac
Beginner

Hello,

I am running a Desktop with an Intel 7260-AC card installed in its mPCIe socket. Pre Win10, everything was stable in Win8.1. Post Win10, I had to install Intel's Win10 drivers for the 7260 to regain Bluetooth functionality. However the intel driver is not stable and is causing errors in the Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30). After reboot this device shows a warning icon then un-installs itself to become an Unknown Device under Other Devices in Device Manager.

Is there a known fix, and is this an bug within the Win10 drivers for the Intel 7260.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TArac
Beginner

The Win10 drivers installed are:

1. WP-BT_17.1.1529.1613_t64.exe

2. Wireless_18.12.0_t64.exe

Manually downloaded and installed from Intel's Download Center.

Aside: I would like to point out that Intel's Driver Update Utility v2.2 did not automatically detect the needed drivers in Win10 -- another issue perhaps? (the utility did work in Win8.1)

0 Kudos
ARodg
Novice

I'm having some strange problems with the 7260ac as well using the same drivers. I don't have any unknown devices though. I made my own post here

I noticed the same thing with the Update utility now showing windows 10 drivers.

0 Kudos
smcle3
New Contributor I

Im getting stable connection, no visible drops when steaming video or surfing the web but when on a skype call, I've had it drop on me every 5-10mins. When playing a game, the latency is over 700ms+ making it UNPLAYABLE. Does Intel even acknowledge this? I was forced to purchase an external USB NIC, right out of the box, windows had it running in seconds and i get a full 300mbp/s and ping in games are back to 40ms (like they used to be when I was on windows 8.1 with the 7260AC).

0 Kudos