Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wireless AC 3160 Not Seeing Internet

caf
Beginner
Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with windows 11 and once the cable company upgraded my wifi router to wifi 6 my Intel Dual Band wireless AC 3160 will no longer find my internet. Intel is no longer issuing updates so there is no fix for Windows 11. How do I resolve this issue with my computer not being compatible with wifi?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello caf

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did you check the router configuration with the ISP?
  • Did you check Windows 11* compatibility with the laptop manufacturer?
  • Did you try using different drivers? What versions?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
caf
Beginner
My cable provider is telling me my driver isn't compatible with their wifi 6 router. How do I update the driver if there aren't any updates available??
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 does not support WIFI 6 speeds, a driver change will not make it compatible with that version. The wireless Intel wireless cards that support those speeds are:

You need to check the router configurations with your ISP to change to a configuration that's supported for your wireless card.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Protocols are backward compatible with other protocols, so usually AX routers are able to work with AC. Please make sure that all the system is updated, regarding drivers, OS and BIOS. Make sure that you're also using the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

If that doesn't work, check with the ISP for further assistance with the new router/ap.

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos