Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless AC 3168 card + Fresh install of Windows 10 => No Wi-Fi networks found

IVene
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new laptop which comes with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 card. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on the laptop. But when I try to connect to my Wi-Fi network, Windows tells me that it cannot find any Wi-Fi networks at all.

I am certain that this is not a problem of the card itself or the drivers. If I make my mobile phone a hotspot, the laptop finds that network, connects to it and I can browse the Internet. But other Wi-Fi networks in the area are not found at all.

I have tried all guides I found on the Internet to make this work (seems to be a common problem that Windows 10 can't find any Wi-Fi networks), but to no avail. I have also updated to the latest drivers from Intel.

I tend to believe that this might have to do with some incompatibility between the configuration of the card and the configuration of my router, based on the observation that using a hotspot as an intermediate works right. But I have no clue where to look and what to try to make it work.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello venetis,

Thank you for joining our Intel ® Community.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-Best System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

As well please let us know:

Are you able to connect your computer to any other network besides your phone, such as a friend's home network or a school network?

Is there any other machine experiencing the same issues in your network?

You may want to try our https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Recommended Settings for 802.11ac connectivity as well.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
IVene
Beginner

Dear Diego,

I finally figured out what was happening. My router does not support 802.11ac, but only 802.11b/g/n. It was very silly on my side not to think about it earlier.

Thank you for your interest though!

Best regards.

0 Kudos