Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7260 Bluetooth Not Working After Fresh Windows 7 Install

DBoul1
Novice

I had some problems with my Windows 7 puter so I did a fresh install. Before that install the 7260 card was working great with my Logitech K810 keyboard. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I've followed the install order lists and...you know the story. Bluetooth acts as if it's paring with the device. I type in the number code and the computer accepts the code. The blue light on the keyboard keeps flashing. The icon appears in the bluetooth area but is grayed. Eventually the keyboard stops trying and windows drops the icon from the bluetooth. This keyboard attaches with no problem to the Apple laptop and attached to the puter before I reinstalled from the ground-up.

Has anyone seen this? I've searched the posts, but can't find a posting when bluetooth kind-of works but doesn't.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Devon Boulden,

I am sorry you are having problems but let me help you.

Please update the driver of the wireless card to the latest. Here you have the download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23992 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23992

After doing this, can you try updating the firmware on the Bluetooth device? And it is also very important for you to run all windows updates.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
DBoul1
Novice

Thank you for the reply. All Windows updates have been installed. The drivers are the latest (only Intel's driver diagnostics report that there is a new version for BT. I've installed it's recommended driver with no solution). There's a firmware update? Can you guide me in the direction of such a thing? I haven't been able to find it if it exists.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Firmware is updated automatically when the driver loads. Are you having issues with only this particular keyboard using the new driver? Are you able to use any other devices (file transfer to another computer or headset and so on)?

---

Disclaimer: Not speaking for my employer

0 Kudos
DBoul1
Novice

Kevin,

The driver page you directed me to is for the Wireless-AC drivers but not the bluetooth. I have the current files for the Wireless-AC and Bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you run the setup.exe (BT) as "setup.exe LPUSBHUBWA=TRUE" from command prompt? After install, cold boot is required. This is a workaround if the BT module is managed by EHCI USB controller. I suspect that is the case in your case. Meanwhile, could you clarify whether you are using 1406 or earlier release? It seems others see issues with 1406 installer. Is that not your case?

--

Disclaimer: Not speaking for my employer

0 Kudos
CN_
Beginner

Mothu,

are you suggesting to use command prompt for launching the setup file as listed below ? The reason I ask is because this file seems to unpack itself somewhere, so there's no way to start-up the actual "setup" file once it's unpacked.

"BT_17.1.1406.01_e164.exe LPUSBHUBWA=TRUE"

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

I didn't realize the install package on the downloads is a sfx package. Please follow these steps (at your own risk).

1. Type %TEMP% in file explorer and press Enter. This will take you to system temp folder.

2. Run bt_17.1.1.1406.01_e64.exe and pause on the Welcome wizard screen

3. Now, on the temp folder, if you sort by "Date Modified" you should see a new xxx.tmp folder. If it contains Intel Bluetooth.msi then just drag the tmp

folder to desktop. It should contain setup.exe. Otherwise, please check other .tmp folders.

4. Now exit from the Welcome wizard screen and run the setup.exe with LPUSBHUBWA=TRUE option.

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Which did you install first, the bluetooth software or the wireless software? It is advised to install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology before installing the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. What are the drivers versions you have installed?

0 Kudos
DBoul1
Novice

Okay. I uninstalled both drivers, rebooted and installed only the BT drivers. Same results before I even installed the networking drivers. I then installed the network drivers. And the same result. The files I have are: BT_17.1.1406.01_s64.exe and Wireless_17.0.5_s64.exe.

The "Intel Driver Update Utility" says that this version is installed:

It recommends that this version needs to be installed:

17.1.0 (That's right a previous version.)

The File it downloads is:

BT_17.1.1406.01_s64.exe

I have a bluetooth dongle. I disabled the 7260 bluetooth, plugged in the dongle and the Logitech K810 keyboard works great.

Since this worked on the same machine with a previous install, then I believe by the process of elimination that this is a driver issue. I also believe that the bluetooth keyboard gets recognized and registered but it doesn't actually connect. I don't understand how that works, but that's my best guess.

Any idea? Maybe at the very least Intel can fix the bug in the "Intel Driver Update Utility" so it doesn't insist that a previous driver version is the most current.

0 Kudos