Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7531 Discussions

Wireless AC 7260 Driver

Jim10
Novice

I have an ASUS G751JT laptop which is still going strong.  I just replaced my wireless router with an ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12 router.  Now my laptop with an Intel wireless AC 7260 does not see any of the three bands;  2.4, 5-1 and 5-2.  I would like to get the latest driver for the AC 7260. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 Solution
Jim10
Novice

I download the  Win 10 64bit drivers.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

116 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Indelligently 

For the link, check your Communities Private Message (PM) inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 307th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

Indelligently
Beginner
0 Kudos
Indelligently
Beginner

Thanks for taking the time to help us.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@CarlosARLima,

For the link, check your Communities Private Message (PM) inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 310th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
ekrem
Beginner

Hy, i need the driver too.

If is possible, please, could send me the driver or a link to download.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@ekrem,

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.
...S

P.S. You are the 376th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@ekrem

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.
...S

P.S. You are the 376th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have been doling out the drivers to one user at a time, so that I could collect user information to use in my argument that the files need to be reposted. I am at the point of giving up, however. Intel is saying that there is a security risk associated with reposting the drivers and that Intel Legal is simply not going to allow it.

So, I am providing a share link here that will allow anyone to pull the final file releases for the various discontinued Wireless Adapters that I had archived: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Where possible, I have included the original Release Note files; where not possible, I have created Release Note files with what information I have access to.

If someone wants to take these files and put them on a file sharing service, go for it. Let me know where they are available and I will remove them from my share.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
stewo5241
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for the archive link.

What is the expected version of Wireless-AC 7260 driver after installing the archive WiFi_21.10.1_64_Win10.exe? 

I have Intel 18.33.17.1 (29/4/2019) in Windows 11 and it is strange that there is no change to the version after running the installer.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
stewo5241
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I think I got the answer from the PROSet/Wireless Software 21.10.1 Release Note. The driver for Intel Wireless 7260 Family in the WiFi_21.10.1_64_WIn10.exe is exactly 18.33.17.1.

stewo5241_0-1709820393331.png

Thank you and have a good day.

Kind regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@grauseus,

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.
Hope this helps,
...S