Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless AC 7260 Driver

Jim10
Novice

I have an ASUS G751JT laptop which is still going strong.  I just replaced my wireless router with an ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12 router.  Now my laptop with an Intel wireless AC 7260 does not see any of the three bands;  2.4, 5-1 and 5-2.  I would like to get the latest driver for the AC 7260. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 Solution
Jim10
Novice

I download the  Win 10 64bit drivers.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

114 Replies
bannrik
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Dell has driver for intel Wireless 3160/3165/7260/7265 version 20.20.0.1255, A01, tt's for Windows 10. Will it work ? I can always change back to w10. 

Thanks

Ann

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ann (@bannrik),

It's unclear (to me) whether the drivers that Dell is offering for the 7260 are customized. The version of the driver specific to the 7260 silicon is slightly newer in the packages that I have provided - and the changes included may include those necessary for interop with WiFi6 routers, IDK. I would say try the drivers that I have provided and, if this doesn't work cleanly, back off to the drivers that Dell is providing. If you have to back off, let me know.

For the link, check your Communities Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 252nd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Eggupafu,

For the link, check your Communities Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 253rd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

ElvisLaw
Beginner

Hi, Scott@n_scott_pearson 

I am also looking for the AC 7260 driver for Windows 10 x64. Can you send me a copy of the driver file?

Thank you for your help!!!

0 Kudos
StevenD
Beginner

Hi@n_scott_pearson ,

Would you please help me with a copy of AC-7260 driver for Windows 10 64bit?

Many thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@j25@StevenD and @ElvisLaw,

For the link, check your Communities Private Message (PM) inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 265th through 267th WLAN Driver requestors since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Thomas1231
Beginner

I have an Alienware 18 with the Intel AC-7260 wireless adapter. I have a new router and the adapter does not see it. I obtained a USB wireless adapter and it recognizes the router with no issues. The AC-7260 does see other routers in my neighborhood. My guess here is the card does not recognize the new protocols, is this correct?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Thomas1231,

This is common complaint. Luckily, the final Wireless driver package for the 7260/3160 contained a fix for this very issue.

For the link, check your Communities Private Message (PM) inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 281st WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Valerio
Beginner

Hi Scott

Kindly ask you to share a copy of AC-7260 driver for Windows 10 64bit.

Apologize for bothering you but seems to me there is no other solution around.

Let me be the 282nd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

Many thanks,

Valerio

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Valerio,

...S

P.S. You are the 282nd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
RichardLowan
Beginner

Hello @n_scott_pearson,

Would you please help me with a AC-7260 driver for Windows 10 64bit?

Many thanks,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
RichArtLove
Beginner

Hi There!

I'm among the frustrated legions of those looking for the latest or best driver for the sketchy Intel (R) dual band wireless-n 7260 - for Windows 10 64bit  - in my classic Dell Inspiron 7720 Notebook

My day is filled with 20+ interruptions having to troubleshoot the 7260 when it fails again & again - error message consistently states 'the device has a driver problem'.

This has been going on for many months & I've tried every driver I can download from the Intel/Dell/Microsoft sites - but most will not install or solve this 7260 from constantly shutting down. and I'm guessing my current 18.20.0.9 driver is not the right one to be using.

I'm actually using the 7260 for the bluetooth function - not as a WiFi resource. 

Any link to the right driver, or suggestions on what kind of card I could buy to replace this 7260, would be super appreciated!

Richard - In SoCal

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@RichardLowanand @RichArtLove,

...S

P.S. You are the 283rd and 284th WLAN Driver requestors since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
minhvuahaha
Beginner

Hi, I would like to get the latest driver for the AC 7260 as well. Operating system is Windows 10 x64. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@minhvuahaha,

...S

P.S. You are the 291st WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
PeterMa
Beginner

Hi, I would like to get the latest driver for the AC 7260 as well. The system is Windows 10 x64. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@PeterMa,

...S

P.S. You are the 293rd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
hariza
Beginner

Hi! I would like to get de lates driver for the Wireless AC 7260 for Windows 10 x64. Can you share the link of the driver please?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@hariza,

...S

P.S. You are the 305th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Indelligently
Beginner

Hello
Any chance to download driver for this 7260HMW 7260AC module?

Thanks
Indelligently

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Indelligently 

...S

P.S. You are the 307th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.