Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7652 Discussions

Wireless Connection

Hamizan
Beginner

Hi,

When I play the game Valorant, I have an issue where my ping keeps going up. I did check my WiFi connection, and I did a speed test, and the result was fine. Besides, I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the result was always the same. When I used the WiFi for watching YouTube or anything else, it worked properly. I thought it might have something to do with the WiFi driver or adapter on my laptop, but I do not know how or what to do. My WiFi driver is Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz.  I will attach pictures of the ping that keeps spiking while playing Valorant. Kindly, please solve my issue because it has been happening for a month.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Hamizan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We'll check on this query and we will post an update once it's available. 

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Hamizan,

It would be a great help if we could get more information about your system to properly analyze the root cause since the issue only happens when playing Valorant, as you mentioned watching YouTube videos and everything else, works fine. Please also download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe (check the box "everything" before scanning) and share the SSU log file (.txt). This will allow us to be more familiar with your system configuration and be able to provide an appropriate fix.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Hamizan,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

We are just waiting for the details we requested so we can identify the next steps that need to be taken to solve this issue. We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Hamizan
Beginner

Hello  Jeanette C.

First of all, thank you for keeping in touch with me. I'm sorry for not replying to your earlier post.
I have downloaded the link and run the application like it was instructed. I've attached the file you requested.

Thank you. Regards
0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Hamizan,

Good day.

Based on the SSU log file, the current driver installed is the latest from our Download Center (version 23.60.1.2), however, Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes. You may want to proceed a clean installation of the latest wireless driver from your system manufacturer support download page with version V22.230.0.8. You may follow the steps for the clean installation below:

Step 1: Download the latest OEM driver from your system manufacturer support download page with version V22.230.0.8.

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.
  5. Repeat steps A through D until the  the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

Restart your computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. For additional information refer to the video above.

Moreover, you may want to the check some related 3rd-party link below:

How to fix high ping in VALORANT, explained

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or need clarification.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos