i had this problem for windows 8.1, the wireless driver and bluetooth are fully defined and installed and showing "working properly" yet its greyed out and can't be accessable .. so i tried every software modification and even lost the pro windows 8.1 I had, so can anyone help ??
There are many reasons why Wireless connectivity can be off, please consider the following:
- The Wireless radio may have been disabled using a hardware switch in the PC. This feature is implemented by the PC manufacturers in different ways and may be a switch at the side or front of the laptop, button around the keyboard, or key combination.
- Wireless may have been set off using the icon in the Notification area of the desktop.
- The PC may be set to airplane mode in Windows, or the adapter may be set off from the OS.
This can be checked in the Charms menu, Settings, Network. Or by going to PC settings, Network pane, Airplane mode.
This is clearly explained in the following external link:
*NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
Here are some links with additional recommendations:
Checking further on this, there are some other actions you can try and that have helped users with this issue:
1. Apply Windows Updates.
2. Use Windows diagnostics tool. Open the Network and sharing center, highlight the WiFi connection and diagnose the connection, the troubleshooter may be able to enable the connection.
3. Reset the PC BIOS back to defaults.
4. Contact the PC manufacturer and obtain a BIOS update.
If the issue persists, let us know the PC model, Adapter model, driver version (shown in device manager).
Was this working fine before?
Were there any changes in the system around the time the issue started?
Was the adapter built into the PC from factory, or is this a custom upgrade?