Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless Dual-Band AC 7260 crashing peridocially while using internet..

markuswd
Beginner

Was unable to reply to my previous thread with work/COVID happening. My apologies.

This started happening around a week ago. I'll be online, browsing or playing a game and all of a sudden the internet will stop working. The WiFi icon will turn into the globe saying that there isn't any available connections at all. So then I'll troubleshoot the problem and most of the time it'll fix and say that it isn't plugged in correctly and there's a driver issue.  Sometimes I'll just have to restart my PC and that'll fix it too. I noticed that when the WiFi is functional, the two LED's on the card itself are lit up on the back. But whenever it decides to crash the WIFI_LED turns off, but the left light is still working?.. Not sure if that means anything.

I've been using my PC for quite some time now, and have kept all drivers and everything up to date I believe. I went to the Intel website and downloaded the newest drivers and it's still happening every now and then.

Someone posted a few questions from my previous thread, so here's some answers to those.

• Were any changes made? Do you know if an update was performed? I think there was an update to Windows before this issue started happening. It updates whenever I power off my PC.
    • Please provide your operating system version? Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Have you tried connecting to another network? If so, does the same behavior occur? Yes, the same thing happens whether I use the 5G or the 2G connection.
  • Do you see any error message under Device Manager? Yes, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" whenever the issue occurs.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello markuswd,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

To better assist you please provide the following information:

• Have you tried resetting your BIOS back to defaults?
  • How did you perform the wireless driver updates? Do you use any software?
  • Have you checked the WiFi antennas to make sure that they are properly installed?

Please run the following tool and attach the updated report.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
markuswd
Beginner

You mean the motherboard BIOS right? I haven't updated BIOS in a long time, but I wouldn't know how to reset them back to default. I downloaded the drivers from the official downloadcenter. I just normally did it I guess. Yes, the WiFi antennas are properly connected and are intact.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello markuswd,

Thank you so much for the update.

That’s correct, when I asked about the BIOS defaults I am referring to your motherboard BIOS.

As you may know each BIOS is different from manufacturer to manufacturer, therefore, checking the motherboard manual or checking with Gigabyte* support for guidance would be recommended.

When talking about the error code 10, it’s important to mention that there could be two possible causes. A driver corruption or even a hardware related issue.

I would recommend following the steps in the article Code 10 Error in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Device and perform a clean installation of the driver.

You can find the latest version for your adapter here.

Please let me know what the outcome is after the clean installation of the driver. 

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello markuswd,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello markuswd, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello markuswd, 

I would like to provide an additional recommendation for you about this matter.

Based on the error message in device manager,  this could be related to a hardware failure of the device.

If the issue persists after the recommendations provided, we strongly recommend checking with your OEM for an inspection and discard any hardware failure.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos