Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wireless N 7260 driver 17.0.5 BSOD on 8.1

VYoun1
Beginner

While i was "googleing" my speed from 150 mbps downed to 11mbps, i found out a new driver for the n 7260.

I tried to install the new 17.0.5 driver but, it only gives me an BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) while installing the driver

then i was never able to get into the normal mode again, (safe mode--OK), and now I am back to 16.5.3.6 .

My system:

Wireless-N 7260

Windows 8.1 with Update 1

Fujitsu AH544

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I was using the 17.0.5.8 and got a BSOD, and I have uninstalled the old driver before installing the 17.0.5.8. Then i still got BSOD. Anyway, I will try again later.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I followed your instructions but still got bsod.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Sorry to hear you still have same problem. I have just installed latest version on fresh operating system installation and it went fine. I did not have any issues with driver 17.0.5.8. This is an isolated case, I would say you need to reinstall the operating system and load latest computer drivers once again.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I believe it will work better if you update your wireless driver incrementally. Please try installing one of the older 17.0.x versions first before you move to the latest one.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

I have a question: Are you using the "Wireless Radio Switch Driver" provided by Fujitsu?

http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/driversupport/selectioninterface/selection.html http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/driversupport/selectioninterface/selection.html#

Perhaps you can attach the minidump file(s) located at C:\Windows\Minidump if the issue persists. You can use the Advanced Editor option to attach the file at the moment you reply.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I just installed a clean 8.1 in VHD but not got a BSOD. Seems like driver conflict?

Wireless Radio Switch Driver: Yes, i am using that as it is pre-installed.

I have attached my Minidump as well.

I will try update my wireless driver incrementally, thanks.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

17.0.0--WORKED

17.0.2--WORKED

17.0.3--BSOD

17.0.5--NOT TESTED, but got BSOD before

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

What's the OS you used?

If you only tried 8.1, it might be a problem with 8.1 Update 1

Would you also test that, thanks.
0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

VincentY wrote:

17.0.0--WORKED

17.0.2--WORKED

17.0.3--BSOD

17.0.5--NOT TESTED, but got BSOD before

If there are drivers that work, use them.

If you're not compelled by an employer to always update, for example, leave it alone if later versions are problematic.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

The problem for 17.0.2 is when my laptop is wake up from sleep, I can't connect to my wifi network (saying connecting, authenticating, but long long no response) , and I have to manually disable and enable the device to get it work.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

I had the same problem until I went back to an old driver.

Try this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23628 Intel® Download Center

For me, on Win 7 64, it connects fast, doesn't drop, and is always on when I wake the laptop.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

The 17.1.0 cannot get the speed like 17.0.2, and the wake-up issue still exists (but less frequently)

so I tried the 16.10 that you gave,

even poor speed than 17.1.0

and I just tried 17.0.6, BSOD...

When can I get the best performance that n-7260 should have?

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

Hi, please let me know if there are any things I can do.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The minidump file reveals "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293 page fault in non paged area" caused by ntoskrnl.exe; this is not very helpful information but I have a question: Was your testing always done in the VHD or just recently? I also wonder if there are other virtual drivers that could cause a conflict; it is difficult to determine why it works with some versions and not with others.

The command sfc /scannow from an elevated CMD can be used to repair Windows* files. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

I also wonder if there is a conflict with the "Wireless Radio Switch Driver"; however, I am not sure if it is really needed for your WiFi to operate.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

VHD 8.1 was installed to test 17.0.5 if it worked after I got bsod (with installing and installed 17.05) on my native OS.

I have tried sfc /scannow but it showed nothing was wrong.

I believe Wireless Radio Switch Driver is not necessary as i didn't installed that in VHD but I am still able to use wireless
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have Windows* 8.1 but I just verified the KB2919355 is not installed in this system, if that is what you meant.

I may try to install it; however, I am not sure I will be able to fully replicate your issue.

Do you know if your operating system is 32 or 64 bit?

Were those older drivers (v16.5) provided by the system manufacturer?

I am thinking that is probably a conflict with the "Wireless Radio Switch Driver", did you try uninstalling it first?

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I tried disabling the Wireless Radio Switch Driver, but not uninstall. I would try that again, thanks for your advice.

Also the 16.5 is originally provided by the OEM, and Microsoft automatically install that after I deleting the driver.(if i am connected to the Internet), and if not connect to the Internet, the Windows itself would install a driver version of 16.0.0.

64bit system.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I just tried uninstalling "Wireless Radio Switch Driver", and installed the 17.0.5 again.

Still got BSoD

and I forgotten to say I have a few more devices

will the VirtualBox miniport conflict?

and is there so much Wifi Direct Virtual Adapters normal?
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I was lucky to get a system with Intel® PROSet Software v16.8 and KB2919355 preinstalled.

The version 17.0.5 installed properly without removing the older one.

I uninstalled the wireless driver and proceeded to install VirtualBox. There was no problem installing the same version I used before. I only saw two Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct adapters but I cannot tell if having more is normal considering the virtualization software.

Even after installing v16.5 from Fujitsu's website I was able to install 17.0.5. The only question I have right now is regarding your operating system architecture, is it 32 or 64 bit?

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner
0 Kudos