Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless-N 7260's bluetooth won't receive files, but can send them

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 8.1 x64 with everything up to date. It has the Intel Wireless-N 7260 card, that has Bluetooth 4.0.

I've added my smartphone to the BT devices, and I can send files from my laptop to my smartphone. But when I try to send something from my device to my laptop, it fails. My laptop doesn't show any prompt about "Do you wanna receive this file" or something like that. My smartphone shows a "Sending file..." dialog, but nothing happens.

I installed the stock Bluetooth driver provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, but nothing changed except for one thing: my smartphone automatically sent me that the shared file failed. With the latest BT driver, the dialog of "Sending file..." stays for a long time.

How can I solve this?

PD: This happens with all the smartphones I've tried. 

PD2: I formatted the laptop like a month ago, and BT at that time was working perfectly, I could send and receive files. My laptop is working great except for this annoying problem.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

OK' I've got it!

One of the first things I do is to disable all unnecessary startup programs, and I had deactivated "Btmshellex", and I think it's related to Bluetooth. So I've activated it and restarted the laptop, and BOOM!, fixed, now it appears a prompt when I receive a file from the PC. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Rambomhtri, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your N7260 adapter.

We reported this issue a few weeks ago and there is a new driver version available. Please uninstall the current driver version and download and install the newer drive. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23999&lang=eng Download Center

Since you are using Windows 8.1, I really recommend you to run all Windows updates before performing these changes.

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

I have everything up to date, all, included Windows Update. I have the Bluetooth driver 17.0.1405.460, x64 edition. The issue is still there. The most unbelievable thing is that BEFORE I formatted my laptop, BT worked great, and I had installed the 17.0 version. Of course, I've tried that one but it doesn't fix the problem.

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

OK' I've got it!

One of the first things I do is to disable all unnecessary startup programs, and I had deactivated "Btmshellex", and I think it's related to Bluetooth. So I've activated it and restarted the laptop, and BOOM!, fixed, now it appears a prompt when I receive a file from the PC. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Excellent. I'm glad to know you were able to fix this issue.

0 Kudos